Stewart Lee Page 10

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 2 2010, 6:30 PM BST

I'm reading his new book at the moment, and in one of the footnotes (P 171), he actually references and writes the link for an interview on this very site:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/ian_macpherson.shtml

Wooooooo!!

Quote: zooo @ August 2 2010, 6:36 PM BST

Wooooooo!!

He probably knows your boyfriend hates him. I hope you're happy, Zooo!

As long as he knows I like him!

Anyone ever seen the fist of fun book? Is it any good

No, I haven't seen it. A few years ago, I saw some copies on Ebay going for silly money.

Potentially good news from an interview with Lee on Den Of Geek:

"And how about a DVD release of Fist Of Fun or This Morning With Richard Not Judy?"

"Well, funnily enough, we've just had an e-mail from the commercial arm of the BBC wanting to do it. A guy said, "I can't believe this hasn't come out."

Rich is really excited about it. He said there was a note attached to the tapes that they've found saying we had blocked the release. I don't know what that's about, because we haven't. All the outtakes tapes are in a warehouse where they are within a few weeks of being destroyed. They're about to hit their dump-by date, so he's trying to claw them all back."

Nice.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 3 2010, 9:57 AM BST

Nice.

If they come out, I can tick those off and wait hopefully for Newman And Baddiel's stuff to be released! (Never going to happen that one, is it)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 3 2010, 10:00 AM BST

If they come out, I can tick those off and wait hopefully for Newman And Baddiel's stuff to be released! (Never going to happen that one, is it)

I think you would most certainly be pissing in the wind for anything like that. Unless they have some kind of bizarre reunion.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 3 2010, 9:24 AM BST

"And how about a DVD release of Fist Of Fun or This Morning With Richard Not Judy?"

"Well, funnily enough, we've just had an e-mail from the commercial arm of the BBC wanting to do it. A guy said, "I can't believe this hasn't come out."

Rich is really excited about it. He said there was a note attached to the tapes that they've found saying we had blocked the release. I don't know what that's about, because we haven't. All the outtakes tapes are in a warehouse where they are within a few weeks of being destroyed. They're about to hit their dump-by date, so he's trying to claw them all back."

Blimey.
That's bizarre but great news!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 3 2010, 9:24 AM BST

Wow! I was reading that exact same thing this morning too! I'd like to buy them. If it happens.

5 Minutes with Stewart Lee:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11114107

Thank you John for that link. I'm reading Stewart's book at the moment (on page 192)and have found it to be one of the best books I have read. Beautiful and inspiring.

Quote: Andy Wilkins @ September 7 2010, 5:19 PM BST

Thank you John for that link. I'm reading Stewart's book at the moment (on page 192)and have found it to be one of the best books I have read. Beautiful and inspiring.

I read Stewart Lee and Richard Herring's new books one after the other last month and I found Herring's to be just as beautiful and inspiring if not more so.

I saw the "If you prefer a milder comedian" tour in Greenwich and it was bloody excellent. It was the first standup show I'd gone to see (at eighteen, shame on me) and was cracking up from start to finish. The live experience really isn't even slightly matched by television. Went to see him, Daniel Kitson, Phil Nichol and Jenny Eclair a few months later and while Stew wasn't on top form, Kitson stole the show. I'd never heard of him, but he worked the audience perfectly.

Was thinking of buying his book, but think it may not be the wisest thing to do since I'm just starting university - might get it over Christmas.