8 Out of 10 Cats Page 2

Maybe he got a better offer.

Dave is a kind of perfectionist about things anyway; I know some of the things he has worked on he has pulled out of because it wasn't what he wanted or envisaged it being.

I've seen Manford several times both live and on TV and he sucked but there are some good Northeners, they are the ones who come and live in the South. :P

Ross Noble still lives in the North.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 17, 2007, 12:15 PM

? Hes a poor man's Peter Kay who's a poor man's comedian. Bloody Northeners they are simple folk. How is tinternet funny? How is Manford funny he just says stuff in a Northern accent and people laugh. I don't want to appear Northenerist but I hope when Scotland concedes they take the North with them. By heck thats let the cat amongst the pigeons petal. Grrrrr

Laughing out loud

Quote: Sean Prower @ June 17, 2007, 4:59 PM

I've also heard that ITV are doing there own version of HIGNIFY called Quiz Knight hosted by Trevor McDonald. Can't they think of their own shows.

News Knight. I posted about it recently I think. I have tickets.

And it's produced by the same company as HIGNFY, so the blame shouldn't go entirely at ITV's door.

...Can't believe I just said that.

Quote: Walker @ June 18, 2007, 7:58 PM

Ross Noble still lives in the North.

Case in point. ;)

Eh, it's an alright show. It's hit and miss, mostly miss, but it's got it's moments of tickle... ism...

It's watchable.

I've thought of a great new idead for a show. It's called 'Melanie C licks honey out of my belly-button'.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 17, 2007, 12:15 PM

? Hes a poor man's Peter Kay who's a poor man's comedian. Bloody Northeners they are simple folk. How is tinternet funny? How is Manford funny he just says stuff in a Northern accent and people laugh. I don't want to appear Northenerist but I hope when Scotland concedes they take the North with them. By heck thats let the cat amongst the pigeons petal. Grrrrr

I agree with a lot of what you said there, there is so many similar comedians and they are all so simple, i never saw how shouting "garlic bread" over and over was funny, jason manfred is quite funny, but as you say he is a poor mans peter kay.

Which i don't get, Jason atleast makes jokes. Peter Kay just says "Have you ever noticed..." followed by something along the lines of "tables are made out of wood!" and everyone laughs. I hate Kay as much as the next guy, put to call someone a poor man's Peter Kay is like calling someone a poor man's hobo.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ June 19, 2007, 10:35 AM

I've thought of a great new idead for a show. It's called 'Melanie C licks honey out of my belly-button'.

Laughing out loud I'm beginning to sense a bit of a theme developing here.

Quote: Walker @ June 19, 2007, 5:59 PM

Peter Kay just says "Have you ever noticed..." followed by something along the lines of "tables are made out of wood!" and everyone laughs.

I don't want to be an apologist for Peter Kay, and his tendency for: "Space Hoppers - what's that all about? ha ha ha" 70s nostalgia has grown a tad irritating, but I still think he's a damn good comedian. This is less to do with his basic material, which in other hands wouldn't amount to too much, but the way he performs it and absolutely nails his rapport with the audience. And make no mistake, this is not "delivery" of gags, like other comedians do. It is 100% performance. He goes through so many different personas on stage that he's comparable to Richard Pryor or Billy Connolly in many ways.

Cue debate?

Quote: Badge @ June 19, 2007, 9:50 PM

He goes through so many different personas on stage that he's comparable to Richard Pryor or Billy Connolly in many ways.

Cue debate?

Any other one you want to insult Badge? I can see your point but I can also see its wrong so nah nah nah nah nah. Hows that for debate Laughing out loud

Bugger. I've been out-debated.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ June 19, 2007, 8:11 PM

Laughing out loud I'm beginning to sense a bit of a theme developing here.

Well spotted! As indeed is my left buttock.

Quote: Badge @ June 19, 2007, 9:50 PM

I don't want to be an apologist for Peter Kay, and his tendency for: "Space Hoppers - what's that all about? ha ha ha" 70s nostalgia has grown a tad irritating, but I still think he's a damn good comedian. This is less to do with his basic material, which in other hands wouldn't amount to too much, but the way he performs it and absolutely nails his rapport with the audience. And make no mistake, this is not "delivery" of gags, like other comedians do. It is 100% performance. He goes through so many different personas on stage that he's comparable to Richard Pryor or Billy Connolly in many ways.

Cue debate?

Let's also not forget his use of a helium baloon being called a "highlight" for his tour.