Sharon Horgan On The Merits Of The Cult Sitcom Page 6

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ June 29 2011, 10:14 AM BST

The pilot of My Family featured different actors playing Ben and Susan, and was by all accounts a comedy-free zone

Is it unusual for a show to get more than one shot at a pilot, Michael?

Quote: chipolata @ June 29 2011, 11:02 AM BST

Is it unusual for a show to get more than one shot at a pilot, Michael?

I saw two different pilots for My Hero - I actually preferred the first, same script (I think more or less) different actor.

I'm sorry but the Wire was dire, it did not do what the hype said it did, simple as.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ June 29 2011, 11:16 AM BST

I'm sorry but the Wire was dire, it did not do what the hype said it did, simple as.

You're being silly now, Teddy.

I didn't enjoy the Wire either, but how can you confidently say it wasn't real enough? Are you from the mean streets of Baltimore?

No are you?

Because if you're not how can you defend it?

Mummy, the man was mean to me!

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ June 29 2011, 11:16 AM BST

People can have different opinions and takes on the same show. It's a lesson we all must learn.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ June 29 2011, 11:44 AM BST

No are you? Because if you're not how can you defend it?

How can I defend it? Because of the grown up storytelling, high quality writing and peerless acting, that's how. And the logical conclusion of your bonkers logic is that we can only judge shows set where we live.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ June 29 2011, 11:44 AM BST

No are you?

Because if you're not how can you defend it?

I'm not declaring anything. You're the one making an accusation, it's up to you to defend it. :)

I am only offering my opinion. It doesn't come across as real, I couldn't relate to it, so on that basis I am saying I don't like it, I do hope that's ok with you?

Alright, no need to get snippy!

I can certainly understand it being unrelatable (I even agree). But 'not real' I thought was an odd criticism from someone who presumably hasn't been there.

I haven't been on the moon either but I always doubted Space 1999 and I was proved right on that!

Case closed!

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ June 29 2011, 12:41 PM BST

I am only offering my opinion, It doesn't come across as real , I couldn't relate to it, so on that basis I am saying I don't like it, I do hope that's ok with you?

Not liking something is fine. Declaring something "dire" just because you don't like it is a bit silly.