The Matt Lucas Awards

Great to see that Matt Lucas's Radio 2 panel show And The Winner Is... has been commissioned for BBC One.

And, in what I think may be an unprecedented move, the non-broadcast pilot episode is now available to watch on the BBC Comedy website. Guests are Dave Gorman, Ruby Wax and Jack Whitehall.

A really enjoyable half-hour, I thought, and a very well deserved commission. Could Danny be turning the channel around...?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_matt_lucas_awards/

As enjoyable as the radio series. I'll tune in.

This sounds very similar to Claudia Winkleman's new show, King Of.

In fact, it sounds exactly the same.

Ooh, just watched it. Very funny!
Hope they don't change too much for the series.

Quote: Aaron @ June 15 2011, 7:50 PM BST

and Jack Whitehall.

Jack Whitehall's impression of Mark from TOWIE was hilarious :D

Quote: don rushmore @ June 15 2011, 8:07 PM BST

This sounds very similar to Claudia Winkleman's new show, King Of.

In fact, it sounds exactly the same.

Maybe - but it's been on the radio for at least a year now. So who's copying who?

Quote: Chappers @ June 16 2011, 3:59 PM BST

Maybe - but it's been on the radio for at least a year now.

Indeed. In fact, the first recording was on 5th July 2009!

I enjoyed this and I'm glad to see that it has been given a full series. I think you are right Aaron about this being the first BBC series to put out the unboardcast pilot online. A clip from the unbroadcast pilot of the TV version Genius was put online, but the whole pilot has never been released, not even on DVD.

I haven't heard the radio version, but the pilot was simply a bunch of bad TV clips. Didn't Chris Tarrant and Clive James do the same thing?

Quote: Aaron @ June 15 2011, 7:50 PM BST

Great to see that Matt Lucas's Radio 2 panel show And The Winner Is... has been commissioned for BBC One.

And, in what I think may be an unprecedented move, the non-broadcast pilot episode is now available to watch on the BBC Comedy website. Guests are Dave Gorman, Ruby Wax and Jack Whitehall.

A really enjoyable half-hour, I thought, and a very well deserved commission. Could Danny be turning the channel around...?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_matt_lucas_awards/

I loved the radio show so this could be a really good transition. I can't stand Jack Whitehall though...

Streaming the pilot really is a smart way to justify all that money going on the BBC internet portal. They should do that for all new shows and put a like/dislike button there so you can vote for what gets commissioned! And is that...the Dave Arnold in the house band? :O I wonder why he took that gig?

Well, it's the David Arnold who composed, amongst much else, the Little Britain theme tune.

Did he? Haha! I thought he only did film scores.