Just A Minute

Just listened to today's programme. Eekey beaky. Today's panel have to come up with a meaning for it and start fan clubs to get it introduced into the English language.

Edited by Aaron - capitalisation and punctuation.

Eh?

What's with all the nutters today?

Aaron's always like that.

Welcome diana (and, probably, goodbye)

Quote: diana @ June 12 2011, 1:03 PM BST

Just listened to today's programme. Eekey beaky. Today's panel have to come up with a meaning for it and start fan clubs to get it introduced into the English language.

That doesn't sound like Just A Minute. Huh?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 12 2011, 1:18 PM BST

Laughing out loud
Very probably.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 12th June 2011, 1:18 PM

What the hell, let's revive another old thread as there is a link, and you were right Nil :D

I think this must be about the 1994 attempt to get JAM on TV....................

Have to relate this as it is another very funny anecdote from Barry Cryer's 2003 book I am still reading :-

"Television had made two attempts to bring JAM to the screen......................................I participated on one of the teams that had Brian Sewell, whom I had never met..................whose persona and voice were unique.

One of the subjects that came up was the word "loo". It came to Brian Sewell, and suddenly he came out with this:

There was a young woman from Looe,
Who filled up her fanny with glue,
She said with a grin,
'They'll pay to get in,
And they'll pay to get out of it too'

The subsequent laugh went on and on and on, and of course that limerick never found its way on to the programme, but to have seen and heard Brian Sewell deliver that was a beautiful memory.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/7674/