The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 43

WTF happened to female tennis players? When I was a teen, it was Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf... Now it's like a Spice Girls audition. And if you think that's sexist, f**k off.

Yes it's due to the nasty right wing Govts intervention that we could all watch it on normal telly. As soon as she won her semi Dowden was tasked with persuading Amazon to sell the rights to air the final live on our free to air TV as well so all us Brits including Tory govt. hating lefties could enjoy her historic victory.

C4 won the bid with a reported 7 figure sum, and Amazon have promised to put that money back into womens tennis. The BBC were left cursing the Govt. because they'd already bought the replay rights and a rival channel had stolen their glory, and media analysts are saying it's another nail in the coffin of the Beeb, who are dwindling in significance by the week.

The fact Amazon agreed to it at all when they didn't have to has obviously brought back the subject of how much tax they pay here, although some say it's been a great advert for Amazon TV that will pay for itself. I thought their coverage was pretty good, although I did wonder what some of the close ups were all about.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th September 2021, 1:52 PM

I thought it was C4 who did the deal?
You know, the channel the Tories wants to close down.

They did the broadcasting deal, but the Govt. did the deal to let them bid for it. Of course if Emma Ravishingarenti hadn't got to the final then it would've stayed on Amazon. So everyone won except the Beeb.

It's worth remembering that when Emma went out of Wimbledon in the quarters Jeremy Clarkson attacked her as part of the "woke generation with snowflake sensibilities". Also attacking her was fellow proud Anti-Woker, Piers Morgan. They really are making old white men look bad.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th September 2021, 4:59 PM

WTF happened to female tennis players? When I was a teen, it was Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf... Now it's like a Spice Girls audition. And if you think that's sexist, f**k off.

Betty Stove.

Perhaps if he hadn't been such an anti vaxxer, Nivea Jockitch wouldn't be crying about his disruption today.

Make this a (kindly) lesson for you all.

Poor old Boris, what a fall from grace, a great player especially on grass and a great crowd pleaser. I always enjoy his Wimbledon stints, but can't see them doing a link from Parkhurst this year, alas. ☹ Not gone down in my opinion though, still a great champ and almost British.

We once had a topic on the lines of ' what would you do if you won the lottery'
Some said they could easily blow £20 million while others maintained that you are set for life without being stupid.
Becker is said to have earned from tennis prize money alone $38 million.
Admittedly, his ex Mrs took a big chunk and the dope was paying £22 grand a month rent.
But there must come a time when you look at your bank statement and go, it's time to move and cut back.

Another lying cheating Boris

Great

Please take your vitriol and hatred to the correct thread.

I always liked Boris. A big character.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th April 2022, 12:58 PM

Please take your vitriol and hatred to the correct thread.

No , I hate tennis

What I don't understand, is you accumulate some £33 million and finish up £50 million in debt, talk about financial idiot.

OK, divorce, maintenance etc.etc. , BUT some £80,000,000 gone somewhere?

His kind of lifestyle costs. And those super hot girlfriends he was fond of ain't cheap to maintain.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th April 2022, 3:58 PM

His kind of lifestyle costs. And those super hot girlfriends he was fond of ain't cheap to maintain.

But £80 mill. ?!? Hiring top class prostitutes on a regular basis would be cheaper than that.

Sad news.

Just goes to show what can happen if your name is confused with someone else's.

It wasn't his fault that he happened to be also called Boris.