Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2011

Anyone planning on going this year?

I'll be going up, waiting for the official brochure to arrive so I can pick what shows to see. I was there for one night last year and still managed to see about nine shows! (Jonny Sweet and Colin Hoult's shows were my picks of what I went to see)

My programme arrived this morning (it seems that we Northerners have got it a day early, because I know Mark hasn't got his copy yet). Interesting thing I noticed, it appears that Daniel Kitson isn't performing this year. I haven't found him in either the "Comedy" or "Theatre" sections, or in the index.

I hope to, if I do it will be my third Fringe! :)

The Comedy Guy how much would it be to stage a show at fringe approx?

The website is launched http://www.edfringe.com/ Has the full programme. I registered here just now to get some tips from you guys on it. :)

I'm from Norway but follow a lot of British comedy. There are a lot of well known acts which we really want to see, but it's more difficult to figure out what to see among the underground acts. So do you know any really good ones worth catching?

Stuff we'll see: Stewart Lee, Josie Long, Jon Richardson, Paul Merton's Improv Chums.

It'll be my first time at the festival, first time in Scotland even. Hotel and plane is booked, can't wait!

Took me about half an hour to get through to the box office. By the time I did (8:30) tickets for most of the BBC radio shows had gone (JAM, Unbelievable Truth, Richard Herring's Objective, Stephen K. Amos's new one). I did end up getting tickets for the BBC Comedy Writers' Workshop, which will hopefully be of some use.

Quote: Ola L @ June 9 2011, 6:24 PM BST

I'm from Norway but follow a lot of British comedy. There are a lot of well known acts which we really want to see, but it's more difficult to figure out what to see among the underground acts. So do you know any really good ones worth catching?

Stuff I've seen recently in and around London that I've enjoyed I've posted here in the 'Going To See Stand-Up' thread.

And Marcel Lucont who I mention earlier than that post. Saw his preview on Wednesday and it was really, really excellent.

Dan

Quote: The Comedy Guy @ June 9 2011, 12:20 AM BST

I hope to, if I do it will be my third Fringe! :)

Where are the other two?

BlahBlah - I'm not a performer myself, just a viewee :D However I think that you'd be looking at 9-10K to take a show there, with all the costs.

I'll PM you a link I found on the subject ;)

Thanks for link - very interesting

No worries. Are you looking to take a show there?

No I'm writing a play about someone taking a show up there so doing some research

If you put on a free fringe show and do all of your own promo you can do it as cheaply as £1500 for the full run. You will lose all of that though. Big shows cost upwards of £10k.

As for non 'big' names (read; not regular telly faces), I recommend the following:

Jason Cook (going to be huge)
Kai Humphreys
Chris Ramsey
Gary Delaney (circuit king)

I've also got a couple of friends doing shows this year, and they're free entry, so you should go see them-
Lynsey Nellis
Sean Turner and Graham Oaks

Ian - On the Kitson front, just in case you're not on his mailing list, he confirmed the other week that he's no plans to take a show up this year but did say there's always the possibility of doing something there at short notice.

If you're hoping to see him it'd be worth going to his website and signing up to the mailing list.