New On The Buses box set

Network DVD are releasing On The Buses + Don't Drink The Water, with the Three Films and all the Special Features, The Best Pair of Legs in the Business, with the 1972 comedy film set in a Holiday Camp starring Reg Varney, Diana Coupland and Lee Montague.

A 15 disc box set on 19th September 2011. Now can be pre-ordered at about £97.49 RRP £129.99.

Without a doubt one of the most popular and endearing of ITV sitcoms, On the Buses ran for a tremendous seven series along with three feature films and a spin-off featuring Blakey on the Costa del Sol! For the first time ever both series and films are gathered together in one hilarious set Reg Varney stars as jack-the-lad Stan Butler and Bob Grant as clippie Jack Harper employees whose unwavering objective was to get through the day with the minimum of work and the maximum ogling of birds. Determined to thwart this cunning masterplan at every opportunity is the slow but devious Inspector Blake ( Blakey to his enemies). Not only did Butler have to contend with Blakey, but he also had to put up with living at home and enjoying the company of his mum, sister Olive (dearie me!) and her workshy husband Arthur - a lazy skiver if ever there was one. After seven series Blakey finally decided to warm up his retirement years by relocating to Spain; Don t Drink the Water charted a whole new chapter of misfortune for the former scourge of the Luxton Bus Company Depot, and also starred comedy legend Pat Coombs as Blakey s long-suffering sister, Dorothy! This set comprises all seven series of On the Buses, the three feature films, both series of Don t Drink the Water, and some exclusive special features - including archive news footage and The Best Pair of Legs in the Business, the 1974 comedy film set in a holiday camp starring Reg Varney alongside Diana Coupland and Lee Montague.

Looks like a very juicy set, although a little pricey right now!

Worth mentioning also that some-time BCGer Tex Fisher has a new On The Buses book out in September.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/16401028/I-Ate-You-Butler-The-Making-of-On-the-Buses/Product.html]

Still need to get my hands on a copy of his George & Mildred / Man About The House book...

Quote: Aaron @ May 13 2011, 4:43 PM BST

Still need to get my hands on a copy of his George & Mildred / Man About The House book...

Same here.

I'm quite excited about the new On The Buses book.

Tex has very kindly written us a great feature article to mark his book's release and the new DVD box set. Do have a look: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/on_the_buses/special/get_that_bus_out/

Market stall near my work is selling the board game for £8.

If I bought it would anyone play it at the next meetup?

Ha ha, sounds excellent. Best to check all the pieces are there though!

I have that game!

Never did understand how to play it.

Quote: zooo @ September 6 2011, 9:54 PM BST

I have that game!

Throw a three. Land on 'tea break nookie'. Have pretend afternoon sex with woman who's conveniently placed at the end of the route. Roll around on bed, fully clothed, giggling. Move forward eight places...

Quote: zooo @ September 6 2011, 9:54 PM BST

I have that game!

Is that version where you dress up as Blakey and spank Aaron whilst shouting
"I rate you Butler!"

*sigh*

Does nobody have respect for board games anymore? Angry

Quote: sootyj @ September 6 2011, 9:45 PM BST

Market stall near my work is selling the board game for £8.

If I bought it would anyone play it at the next meetup?

Soots, where you living; the early 1970s? On second thoughts, next time you're at that market can you pick me up a rear mudguard for 1971 Chopper bike please.