Rape jokes Page 7

Why did Ken Dodd rape a tree?

(And for those who know Latin) Why did he avoid the Yew Tree?
Taxus dodge.

I'm sure you all know the Dad's Army episode with the pilot hanging from the town hall clock. It's just been on BBC2.

Towards the end when the little mechanical Grim Reaper keeps jabbing Jones up the backside with a sword he shouts 'I'm being reaped Mr Mainwaring, I'm being reaped.'

Quote: Oldrocker @ May 14 2011, 6:27 PM BST

Towards the end when the little mechanical Grim Reaper keeps jabbing Jones up the backside with a sword he shouts 'I'm being reaped Mr Mainwaring, I'm being reaped.'

Yes, but as any honest psychiatrist will tell you, it's the secret fantasy of every middle-aged 1940s butcher to be reaped. Cool

Yes, it's only the fuzzie-wuzzies who don't like it up 'em.

so that's what you borrowed my time machine for, you sick twist.

:D

I don't know what you're smiling about! You're cleaning it.

I'm having 'consensual' fun with Anne of Cleaves next week.

I still vividly remember the time I wrote a rape joke. I'd been drinking heavily that night (not that that excuses it) and I'd recently been feeling depressed about being unable to write a solid "so my girlfriend left me..." gag. But after a few drinks I guess I kind of felt invulnerable... Anyway, it's all some years ago now, but to this very day I still occasionally feel dirty and shameful about it. Can any other writers of rape jokes tell me - is it normal to feel this way?

:| Yes, it's a feeling of anger manifesting itself as violence.

After initial 'cooling off' [presume break up] period comes the 'I want revenge as I am rejected'.
This then can either be 'ok not bothered' or 'I still feel need to avenge'.

Usually people manage to cope after time so this polemic dissipates .

However, it can manifest itself in 'sardonic humour' or even 'misogyny' in your case.

However I do wish you well to cope with these feelings.

I personally do not participate in the basic dichotomy such as 'rape is comedic'.

dellas, at risk of stating the obvious, I'm sure no one disputes that rape is one of the worst manifestations of violence (along with suicide bombings, nuclear attacks and unjustified homicide) and perhaps certain personal tragedies should be off-limits for comedy, but I don't think every rape joke is necessarily a symptom of angry misogyny. They may just be jokes making fun of misogynists, or just jokes.

Life of Brian:
Brian: You mean... you were raped?
Mandy: We-elll, at first, yes.

Pontius Pilate: Who is this "Wodewick" you speak of?
Man in crowd: He's a wobber!
Another man in crowd: And a wapist!
-------------
Blazing Saddles:
Hedley Lamarr: Qualifications?
Applicant: Rape, murder, arson and rape.
Hedley Lamarr: You said rape twice.
Applicant: I like rape.
--------------
Airplane II:
Jimmy Wilson: Do you think that things will be a lot different on the moon, Dad?
John Wilson: Oh, it's gonna be terrific. Whole new world, new kids to play with.
Jimmy Wilson: Does that mean no more headlines about the rape trial?
John Wilson: How many kids get the chance to live on another planet?
Jimmy Wilson: No more kids shouting: "Your old man's a psychopathic sex pervert"?
John Wilson: Look, she was asking for it. They're ALL asking for it.
-------------
Yellowbeard:
Betty: Well, it's been awhile since we had a little cuddle.
Yellowbeard: I raped ya, if that's what you mean.
Betty: Okay, it was half-cuddle, half-rape.

Yellowbeard: I'm sure I killed the last one I raped, it can't have been you.
Betty: Well, the afterplay was a bit on the rough side, but not fatal dear.

Excelent and rather anal point Kenneth, some very good jokes in there.

I was thinking that these kind of discussions on jokes on subjects such as rape leave you with 3 options

1 No jokes
2 Dreary politically correct jokes about how rotten/racisim/pollution/wanking in Sainsburys is.
3 Childish he he I'm making naughty unacceptable jokes about above subjects.

All 3 suck

Everything is potentially a subject for humour and all jokes are acceptable possibly excepting the 3rd type.

Bullshit and hypocrasy breed like limescale in the absence of humour.

Quote: dellas @ May 15 2011, 5:09 AM BST

:| Yes, it's a feeling of anger manifesting itself as violence.

After initial 'cooling off'(presume break up) period comes the 'I want revenge as I am rejected'.
This then can either be 'ok not bothered' or 'I still feel need to avenge'.

Usually people manage to cope after time so this polemic dissipates .

However, it can manifest itself in 'sardonic humour' or even 'misogyny'in your case.

However I do wish you well to cope with these feelings.

Missing my point, I think. Oh well...

Mis Ogny

Are you implying Tim bought himself a Rumanian bride!

(apologies I make this joke every 3 months)

Quote: dellas @ May 15 2011, 5:09 AM BST

I personally do not participate in the basic dichotomy such as 'rape is comedic'.

In what way is this debate a "basic dichotomy"? And even if it is, you have participated in it. Take a strong position on the issue, by all means, but don't childishly tar people with the "you think rape is funny"/"you're a misogynist" tags simply because they take a slightly more flexible position than your fixed view.

Rape is potentially funny as is genocide, fat people , alcoholics, war, relgion, onions, garden gnomes those weird wooden forks chip shops give out.

Everything is potentially funny, the question is do you CHOOSE to make a joke and if so which one.

I absent mindedly made a joke about Tourettes earlier in this thread. I'm a bit ashamed of that, but no one called me out on that.