Tim Vine or Milton Jones? Page 2

LOL.

I'm always up for fun, Tim, as you well know from the PMs I sent you last week.

You could have let me down more gently, you bounder.

Tim Vine is my favourite but Milton Jones comes a very close second.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 8 2011, 8:44 PM BST

Stewart Francis does some fine one liners.

Yes, this Canadian one-liner artist is VERY funny. The first thing I thought when I saw his concert DVD was how much he resembled a young Harrison Ford -- and then Stewart Francis used that very line in his routine!

Quote: TopBanana @ May 8 2011, 4:11 PM BST

This 'one-liner' comedy is pretty damn good (in small doses).

Vine & Jones are my favourites exponents of the style, with Jones just shading it as I'm currently enjoying his R4 Extra show.

Who do you prefer?

Both are great on stage, but count me as a Milton Jones guy. His delivery just tickles my sense of humour a little more consistently. And his radio work is every bit as good as the stand-up routines. Silly, innovative, and outrageously pun-ny.

I haven't seen a whole Milton Jones show, but I did enjoy a recent Tim Vine one I saw, he wisely broke the act up & kept it fresh with a few songs and lots of silly visual stuff.
Flag Hippo
Lol

My favourite MJ joke is one about him waking up, thinking he was in the middle of a forest, only to find he'd fallen asleep at his dinner table, with his face in a plate of broccoli

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 10 2011, 2:18 AM BST

I haven't seen a whole Milton Jones show, but I did enjoy a recent Tim Vine one I saw, he wisely broke the act up & kept it fresh with a few songs and lot's of silly visual stuff.
Flag Hippo
Lol

I saw a full Milton Jones show live, it was a bit much really. Pretty one note. He had some funny gags but it was just one liner after one liner for an hour or more, many of them, purposefully I imagine, groaners. I left feeling very unsatisfied, it didn't feel like a proper full show; I'm sure in a twenty minute set I would have liked it much more, but over that length he needs more variety, for me at least; other people there were wetting themselves throughout. (Considering the advanced age of many of those in attendance, probably literally in some cases)

Does anyone remember a really poor sitcom that was set in space, that featured Milton Jones? I think it was on ITV and it used to come on at about 2 AM.

Planet Mirth? I think it was sketches rather than sitcom.

Quote: Aaron @ July 10 2011, 2:05 PM BST

Planet Mirth? I think it was sketches rather than sitcom.

That was excellent! (What I remember of it. It was a loong time ago.)

Quote: catskillz @ July 10 2011, 3:16 AM BST

My favourite MJ joke is one about him waking up, thinking he was in the middle of a forest, only to find he'd fallen asleep at his dinner table, with his face in a plate of broccoly

I wonder if that was before or after Harry Hill recreated the Emmerdale opening with a close-up of a tray of broccoli? (Couldn't find the video on YouTube)

I can't believe I spelled Broccoli with a 'y' on the end. Must've been tiredness messing with my brain.

You disgust me...

I don't see them as being that similar, I think Jones is more of a surrealist.

Tim Vine for me. Very Funny Man.

Tim Vine, for some reason Milton Jones just grates and annoys me.