The ultimate in plagiarism! Page 2

As I say, it's no real biggie, but I was truly astounded at the sheer volume of word for word repeats of my tweet that are now out there. Imagine if you'd written a gag and discovered that it had been regurgitated a thousand times without any credit to you as the author. I quite often put out funnies on Twitter but get maybe 4 or 5, perhaps 10 retweets at most - and I'm grateful for them, but this is something else. It's off the scale as you can see by the Google timeline that starts Monday May 2 at 19.o4pm with my original tweet and is still going. The timeline can't lie. It documents every mention of the phrase from its inception to the here and now. In short, I woz robbed! :)

Indeed Griff.It's simple enough to do and when a big news story breaks I often use an anagram server to see if anything funny and relevant can be generated out any of the main names involved. This time I just happened to hit the spot. Another one I almost used was "Amen, Sandal Obi"

:| Someone sent me the Osama Bin Laden joke on mon at 5pm on facebook!
I will ask where he discovered it.

I do believe that it is easy for anyone to find a fun anagram if you are really looking, sorry you feel pissed though!

Quote: Griff @ May 6 2011, 2:43 PM BST

Some more anagrams of Osama Bin Laden.

http://www.anagramgenius.com/archive/osamab.html

I like "O, banal man dies!", "Be a slain nomad", "Bold, mean Asian", "Bad as Lenin, Mao" but the winner has to be ... "Is lame and a nob".

All very good. On the other hand, here's one I just came up with (just to show this anagram shit is not as easy as it looks)...

"Aaa! No! Me's Blind!"

Quote: dellas @ May 6 2011, 2:51 PM BST

:| Someone sent me the Osama Bin Laden joke on mon at 5pm on facebook!
I will ask where he discovered it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that pip the poster's claim to the post?

Thing is, if all you have to do is bung a name into an anagram generator as soon as it appears in a headline, you're going to have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat the other thousands doing the same thing. Also, I'd query whether it's really joke writing in the traditional sense, and just how proud one should be of having been the first to post such a thing, let alone claim authorship of it. Surely it's the 'joke' equivalent of a firstie - pissing in the snow before anyone else can.

And it's no coincidence that Anagram itself is an anagram itself of Angry Man.

;)

Quote: David Bussell @ May 6 2011, 2:56 PM BST

Thing is, if all you have to do is bung a name into an anagram generator as soon as it appears in a headline, you're going to have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat the other thousands doing the same thing. Also, I'd query whether it's really joke writing in the traditional sense, and just how proud one should be to have been the first to post such a thing, let alone claim authorship of it. Surely it's the 'joke' equivalent of a firstie? Pissing in the snow before anyone else can.

Do you travel all over the world early on Christmas morning, stealing all the presents Santa's left under the tree for tiny children? What a big meanie! :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 6 2011, 3:05 PM BST

Do you travel all over the world early on Christmas morning, stealing all the presents Santa's left under the tree for tiny children? What a big meanie! :(

Are you kidding? I'm busy at Lapland that day enrolling Santa's elves into a lifetime of homoerotic servitude.

Are elves Homo erectus then? I thought they were a magical race.

Quote: Griff @ May 6 2011, 3:13 PM BST

David Bussell = "Lad Dubs Evils" or "All Vibes Duds"

I don't have to take that from a Hip Spliff Girl.

And if Homo erectus came before Homo sapiens... where do the elves fit in?

Quote: Marc P @ May 6 2011, 3:02 PM BST

And it's no coincidence that Anagram itself is an anagram itself of Angry Man.

;)

Which dictionary do you use then Marc? ;)

Quote: KLRiley @ May 6 2011, 3:19 PM BST

Which dictionary do you use then Marc? ;)

The rhyming one!

:)

Quote: Griff @ May 6 2011, 3:19 PM BST

I've tried over and over to find an amusing anagram for my name and that's all I've ever come up with too. But kudos for getting there quickly. :D

I only bashed your name into a generator and cut and pasted what came out. At 15:16 on the 6 May 2011, I might add!

Quote: David Bussell @ May 6 2011, 3:23 PM BST

I only bashed your name into a generator and cut and pasted what came out. At 15:16 on the 6 May 2011, I might add!

Might have been tweeted by now.