Would I Lie To You? Page 32

Interesting! Would've hoped they might just bleep it.

Yeah, that's what I assumed they would do when the swearwords first appeared too.

They had to retake some lines when I was there as well. I don't want to give too much away, but in one episode Lee pushes a prop over and call it's a piece of shit. He had to say the line again, but say piece of crap instead. :/

Could be the result of them being unclear how the show would be edited - they could still bleep the swearwords, and the retakes were "just in case". I do, however, think this is evidence that the show is unsuited to a pre-watershed timeslot (although I will wait to see the finished product before making a final judgement).

On another note, I'd say that after the recent controversy over women being marginalised on panel shows, this series has done pretty well by usual standards, with 13/32 female guests and five episodes featuring two women.

The RadioTimes says the first episode to be shown is the one with Mel Giedroyc, Chris Tarrant, Alexander Armstrong and Alex Jones (of The One Show, not the conspiracy theorist) as guests.

Edited because I didn't want to make a triple-post:

Has anyone seen a trailer yet? Unless I'm very much mistaken, promotion still hasn't started. That is pathetic.

I haven't. Maybe they'll start tomorrow evening, when the programme whose space it's taking is over. That makes sense, right?

This time last year they'd started trailing. I think generally speaking trailers begin 9 or so days before the start.

Of course, given that this series is apparently still not yet complete, that may be a reason why no new promotional material has appeared so far. If that is the case, however, it simply proves how moronic the scheduling is.

I fear WILTY is about to go the way of Shooting Stars...

The BBC are finally trailing their Friday night comedy block.

By God, the WILTY part of the trailer is half-arsed. Clips from series 5 (so anybody who didn't know better would think these are repeats) shoved right at the beginning... exactly the opposite of what the show needs.

I think my mind is made up now: the BBC don't care about this show. Expect an announcement of cancellation a few months after this series finishes. Given the way the BBC have treated it, I would be genuinely shocked (if pleased) to hear that Series 7 was commissioned.

Quote: cwickham @ April 6 2012, 3:09 PM BST

By God, the WILTY part of the trailer is half-arsed. Clips from series 5 (so anybody who didn't know better would think these are repeats)

Or, more accurately, only those who know better will recognise they're repeat clips.

Of course, the casual viewer may still recognise them as repeat clips (particularly when one is so specific, namely the teddy bear from the end of last series).

And it just proves my point that this series clearly wasn't ready to air yet and has been rushed into the first available slot. Compare the scheduling and promotion to The Matt Lucas Awards and I think you'll agree it's been absolutely ridiculous. There may yet be a massive surge of promotion in the week before broadcast, but I won't hold my breath.

To be fair, it's also old clips for HIGNFY & Graham Norton on the same trailer too. Putting it on an earlier time slot will give it the best ratings so far I reckon, but I agree it might be at the expense of the show itself. Hope not. Even though there's probably a fair bit of stuff that'll get edited out, I'm still really glad it's back on TV. A HUGE night for BBC comedy, with 4 of their top shows all starting at the same time.

Yes, but there's a reason they need to use old clips of HIGNFY and Graham Norton: the new series of those aren't filmed yet! WILTY is all done.

Quote: Lassoon @ April 7 2012, 6:37 PM BST

Yes, but there's a reason they need to use old clips of HIGNFY and Graham Norton: the new series of those aren't filmed yet! WILTY is all done.

Rolling eyes D'oh!.. oh yeah!

Quote: bubbles1505 @ April 7 2012, 6:22 PM BST

Putting it on an earlier time slot will give it the best ratings so far I reckon, but I agree it might be at the expense of the show itself.

Keep in mind the 8:30pm slot is against Corrie - a notoriously difficult slot for the Beeb to fill. The 8 'regular' episodes of WILTY S5 averaged just over 3.5m.

To contrast, the 12th series of Room 101 (aired in the Friday 8:30pm slot) averaged 3.35m, starting with 3.73m and ending with 2.95m. (I'd expect another series of it, although no word has been given yet.)

If WILTY averages around that I guess the Beeb will be happy, although Room 101 was airing in the winter whereas WILTY will run into the summer, and have one episode against the live Britain's Got Talent semi-finals. "Best ratings yet" seems unlikely.

(Room 101 would have been getting a reach of around 5m with the extended repeat included. Why the BBC haven't done this for WILTY this year I don't know.)

Quote: cwickham @ April 7 2012, 8:58 PM BST

The 8 'regular' episodes of WILTY S5 averaged just over 3.5m.

To contrast, the 12th series of Room 101 (aired in the Friday 8:30pm slot) averaged 3.35m

Oh yes, a DEVASTATING difference, that.