Would I Lie To You? Page 31

Quote: Lassoon @ March 27 2012, 7:20 PM BST

I think the Radio Times is mistaken, and that it is Not Going Out which is returning that week, not WILTY. :/

It would be A-MAZ-ING! if it was both shows that were returning at the same time.

The back page says "Lee Mack is back with more rib-tickling fibs on Would I Lie to You?", right below a big picture of Lee Mack. Getting the two mixed up would make sense, though, particularly as there's no mention of Mitchell or Brydon.

Assuming it stays on Fridays (and if it doesn't, the Beeb are just hopeless incompetents), and they're really sticking with the stupid pre-watershed slot, then 20 April is the first available slot. I would still be surprised to see it and NGO running at the same time, though.

Quote: cwickham @ March 27 2012, 9:08 PM BST

The back page says "Lee Mack is back with more rib-tickling fibs on Would I Lie to You?", right below a big picture of Lee Mack. Getting the two mixed up would make sense, though, particularly as there's no mention of Mitchell or Brydon.

Yep, I have a copy here. :)

And yes, I'm sure they'd mention Rob and David if they were talking about WILTY.

Looks like it's not a mistake and it really will be returning on 13th April.

In other words, the schedule for that night looks like this:

8.30pm - WILTY
9pm - HIGNFY
9.30pm - Not Going Out

Despite my reservations about the move pre-watershed, and how odd it seems to have two shows where Lee Mack is a regular on on the same night, I must say that's a pretty good schedule.

Oh. Well in that case, that's not a bad schedule! Especially if Mack hosts an episode of HIGNFY!

I think if he did host an episode of HIGNFY I would have some sort of minor breakdown.

I do worry that this is my whole year's worth of regular Lee Mack television condensed down into the space of a few weeks though. I might struggle with withdrawal symptoms for the rest of 2012.

A curious line-up indeed. WILTY?, HIGNFY and NGO back to back from 8:30 to 10:00 pm. Great to have an hour and a half of comedy together, but with channels providing such sparse helpings of comedy these days, I fear it'll leave us weeks on end with nothing.

The 13th is also the return of Graham Norton, which makes it a pretty big comedy night for BBC1!

Any chance you know which episode of WILTY is being shown first, Aaron?

Not as yet. Might be able to tell you by the end of the day though...

Quote: Bronwinning @ March 23 2012, 10:26 PM GMT

Hi, Sorry I'm sure this has been asked before, but it may have changed for this series... does anyone know how early you realistically should arrive to recordings in order to get in?
I have tickets for next Thursday (the 29th) but I have a quite important appointment that afternoon. I do live quite near to Pinewood, so could get there for 6.15ish, but I imagine that would be too late to be guaranteed entry? I'd be gutted if it was because I love the show, but I'd have to drag my OH to the appointment (as it's en route), then on to Pinewood so I would feel terrible, if only for him, if we didn't get in.

Thanks in advance.

The guys from SRO issue wristbands from about 5pm (my friend and I have been arriving at about 4:30 and there's already a few people queueing) so if you can't get there until 6:15 you may be pushing it, unless you have priority tickets which should state the cut off time. Entry to the studio commences at about 6:45. You could always ring SRO: Martin is lovely and very helpful, although he may take a shine to your OH :)

:D

Quote: Polly Esther Resin @ March 28 2012, 2:18 PM BST

The guys from SRO issue wristbands from about 5pm (my friend and I have been arriving at about 4:30 and there's already a few people queueing) so if you can't get there until 6:15 you may be pushing it, unless you have priority tickets which should state the cut off time. Entry to the studio commences at about 6:45. You could always ring SRO: Martin is lovely and very helpful, although he may take a shine to your OH :)

Ah thank you! I actually managed to get the appointment moved to next week (somewhat of a miracle given that I've been on a waiting list for 6 weeks!), so I can get there earlier. I figured I should move the appointment as (fingers crossed) next year I'll be living in Devon, so this will probably be the last chance I get to go to a Would I Lie to You recording, without having to make a massive day trip out of it.
I should be getting there at 5 now, will that guarantee me entry? Thank you so much!

Quote: Bronwinning @ March 28 2012, 11:44 PM BST

Ah thank you! I actually managed to get the appointment moved to next week (somewhat of a miracle given that I've been on a waiting list for 6 weeks!), so I can get there earlier. I figured I should move the appointment as (fingers crossed) next year I'll be living in Devon, so this will probably be the last chance I get to go to a Would I Lie to You recording, without having to make a massive day trip out of it.
I should be getting there at 5 now, will that guarantee me entry? Thank you so much!

No problem! I'd imagine getting there for 5pm will get you in. I doubt an entire studio's worth of audience will arrive earlier than that! And make sure you go to the loo before you're taken into the studio. Once you're in they won't let you go until a break in filming and they won't let you back in until the next break. Some people have ended up missing a good chunk of the show!

Quote: Polly Esther Resin @ March 29 2012, 12:08 AM BST

No problem! I'd imagine getting there for 5pm will get you in. I doubt an entire studio's worth of audience will arrive earlier than that! And make sure you go to the loo before you're taken into the studio. Once you're in they won't let you go until a break in filming and they won't let you back in until the next break. Some people have ended up missing a good chunk of the show!

Awesome, ahaa, thanks for the advice!

Just back from the Recording, got there at 5, was really near the front of the queue, could've safely been there by 5.45, but I did get an amazing seat for it- excellent view of David's team and although Lee's teammates were blocked out by the cameras, I had a perfect view of Lee himself.

However, the bit I found most interesting was the change in time slot, is was brought up a few times, and they had to go back at the end to re-record a few lines which had a swearword in the first time round, although by and large the contestants were holding back from swearing in the first place, particularly Lee, who only swore once, and when he did it was the C-word, which would never get broadcast anyway. In fact, that was for comic effect for the studio audience anyway, as he did it in a joke about misreading his card which wouldn't have ended up in the show. David held back less and they had to re-record a few of his lines, he seemed to be a bit peeved about the change in timeslot; joking with a slightly menacing tone that he argued against the change, and refusing to rerecord a line in which he called Lee a Camera Whore because it wouldn't really work if he changed the words. I don't know if Lee's restraint detracted from his performance, having never seen him live for a panel show before, but he was still lightning fast.
(I must say, however, the actual content, swearing aside, was still moderately risque, including a couple of the truth/lies, although I don't know how many of the risque lines would end up in the final cut. It will be interesting to see)

It was a great recording though, although I only remember one, maybe two instances of Rob, Lee and David jibing each other about being middle/working class.