Would I Lie To You? Page 30

Quote: zooo @ March 1 2012, 10:15 PM GMT

Is 8.30 really that bad?
It's not 7.30.

Actually yeah that would be a bad sign.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 1 2012, 10:17 PM GMT

Is this back?

Well, recordings start on the 9th of March, but no idea when it'll be broadcast yet.

Quote: zooo @ March 1 2012, 10:15 PM GMT

Is 8.30 really that bad?
It's not 7.30.

It's a pre-watershed slot against one of ITV's biggest shows that has been notoriously difficult to fill, and WILTY simply won't fit there. When QI moved to BBC1 it had to go there because there was nowhere else for it to go, and the fact that it was being edited pre-watershed clearly had an effect on its humour, and eventually it had to go back to BBC2 because it clearly wasn't working out there.

WILTY does not have the possibility of going back to its origin channel, so when it clearly doesn't work out in that slot (as it will), it may not be so lucky. If they add a post-watershed extended repeat a la HIGABMNFY or Room 101 Extra Storage, that might be better, but there wasn't any mention of that in the Endemol press release.

Recordings start a week today, yes.

Of course, the watershed. I forgot all about that. 8:30 is a rubbish time for a show like WILTY, then. I hope the BBC change their mind. And I'd love there to be a extra long version of this, as well. But I suppose we do get the 'unseen bits' episode at the end, don't we?

Quote: Lassoon @ March 2 2012, 12:19 PM GMT

Of course, the watershed. I forgot all about that. 8:30 is a rubbish time for a show like WILTY, then. I hope the BBC change their mind. And I'd love there to be a extra long version of this, as well. But I suppose we do get the 'unseen bits' episode at the end, don't we?

The 'unseen bits' episodes really annoy me, especially when half of the clips are just highlights from the previous episodes. I'd rather have another full-length episode, but t seems to be a growing trend with BBC comedy shows. I'm sure it saves money blah blah blah

Room 101 has been doing well ratings-wise in the 8:30pm slot, so I don't think a time shift will be the end of the world.

The show will suffer in a pre-watershed slot. There have been lots of people noting that Room 101 is also suffering because the guests are prohibited by the edit in a way they wouldn't be if it was going out after 9pm.

If Room 101 is suffering, it's due to the format change and selection of guests, not its scheduling. Swearing is not a prerequisite of humour, not even on a panel or chat show.

It's not just swearing, though, is it? Some of the funniest moments of the last series were Mackenzie Crook's orchidometer, David's teddy bear and Lee's story in episode 5 concerning an intimate part of his body. All of those would at least be severely edited, if not removed entirely, had series 5 been shown pre-watershed.

But I'd worry about all this far less if it wasn't the show's sixth different timeslot. The BBC's constant moving of the format, even when it looks like they've finally found a slot that works, worries me for future series.

Hi, Sorry I'm sure this has been asked before, but it may have changed for this series... does anyone know how early you realistically should arrive to recordings in order to get in?
I have tickets for next Thursday (the 29th) but I have a quite important appointment that afternoon. I do live quite near to Pinewood, so could get there for 6.15ish, but I imagine that would be too late to be guaranteed entry? I'd be gutted if it was because I love the show, but I'd have to drag my OH to the appointment (as it's en route), then on to Pinewood so I would feel terrible, if only for him, if we didn't get in.

Thanks in advance.

What's the entrance time on the ticket? It varies between studios, but 6:15 to me sounds the best part of an hour late, certainly if you want to guarantee entry. If you did get in at that time it'd be down to luck.

Doors open at 7.

I'll see if I can rearrange the appointment.

Yeah, my experience of Pinewood is that you'd be past the queueing stage into the waiting area by 6:15.

Aah okay, thanks. I'll see if I can rearrange the appointment and if not, send the tickets back. Thanks for your help :)

If we believe the Radio Times, this is back in the week of 7-13 April.

I find this very curious if true, as Not Going Out is due back in the same week (and Matt Lucas' new panel show will also be starting). There'd also be nowhere to put it unless they're moronic enough to put it out on Mondays.

I think the Radio Times is mistaken, and that it is Not Going Out which is returning that week, not WILTY. :/