The Marriage Ref Page 3

Awwwww thanks! We just tried to be ourselves. We had a drink with them after and they were dead nice!

Dermot was too, came into our dressing room beforehand and said hi

Quote: ColonelDr @ July 9 2011, 11:49 PM BST

and said hi

Why did people say 'hi' in a showbiz anecdote? No one seems to go 'meh'...

Oh James, I am so, so sorry for your suffering - and what a miscarriage of justice! Clean and neat is good, but that's bonkers excessive. There's just no need to be so compulsively clean so much of the time!

Tell me about it! Eamonn and Jack were clearly biased by boobs! They cut huge swathes of it out (some really funny stuff by Sarah Millican never made it on the show) including Eamonn attacking me for not tucking my shirt in! I demand a retrial...

Boobies are very persuasive, to be fair... But I imagine not so much when the mouth above them is shouting and cursing about dirt!

Quote: ColonelDr @ July 9 2011, 11:49 PM BST

Awwwww thanks! We just tried to be ourselves. We had a drink with them after and they were dead nice!

Dermot was too, came into our dressing room beforehand and said hi

How did you manage not to kill either Whitehall or Dermot? I couldn't have done that, I'm sure everyone on here would have killed them both.

I like Whitehall, and I don't dislike Dermot.

Yeah, yeah, I note you didn't deny you'd murder them given half a chance though!

For a fee.

Hmmm, what sort of fee?

I've nothing against Whitehall either. Dermot, on the other hand...

Him you'd kill for free?

Gladly.

Eamon's annoying too... (I'm watching the repeat on ITV2+1).

I'm not sure why though, Dermot alone's annoying enough, nevermind the other two.

Quote: zooo @ July 9 2011, 10:32 PM BST

Yikes!

Your bit was very funny.
I imagine after you saw how annoying the guy was in the third couple you must have felt quite lucky.

That third guy was cool, I think Aaron shouldbeore like that. He reminded me of Ricky Gervais and the way he treats Robin Ince et al, plus I could imagine him being like Brent in The Office at work.

I don't really get Jack Whitehall, weirdly the editing left all his bits in and cut out the good bits Sarah M did (like accusing my wife of being a serial killer and telling us how she plays 'guess the smell' when at home with her BF).

I didn't want to like Dermot but he was very nice... Almost too nice...