The Comedian Hall of Shame Page 7

Quote: Millsy @ May 28 2011, 3:42 PM BST

We will agree on something one day Matthew. And there will be much rejoicing in the Millsy household.

It was more the actual sentance than the fact you don't find him funny. 'He's not as funny as he thinks he is'. It's just an odd thing to say! :P

Michael McIntyre: "Have you ever noticed this?" and "why do people do that?" Stewart Lee described him best when he said he "Spoon feeds warm diarrhoea to his audience."
Jack Whitehall: Nepotism, reported joke stealing.

Justin Lee Collins: Good Times! I'm Justin Lee Collins! Look at me! I'm so wacky!

Ricky Gervais: The Office was brilliant but he can be such a self-assured cocky cock.

Lee Mack: Annoyingly chirpy and stupid in your face silly voices and attention seeking attitude.

James Corden: He likes football, enough said.

Peter Kay: The ugly ogre at the centre of all current comedy. A monster intent on sucking all the money out of the industry and removing all artistic credibility it had. The single WORST comedian of our time.

Paul Merton: Unbearable little twat. Seens incredibly snobbish as well and he hardly ever laughs at other people's jokes.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 7 2011, 9:14 PM BST

Justin Lee Collins.

Dear God...

Aye.

And Johnny Vegas. :O There's a difference between being surreal and just spouting garbled crap

If I ever try and do a routine involving contrived nicknames of schoolchildren, on a flipchart, please shoot me.

You know the name.

Quote: Park Bench @ December 15 2011, 10:14 AM GMT

If I ever try and do a routine involving contrived nicknames of schoolchildren, on a flipchart, please shoot me.

You know the name.

I really don't.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 15 2011, 10:48 AM GMT

I really don't.

Nor do I

Greg Davies?

Wasn't that routine part of his homecoming gig, with the actual people in the audience? Which seems acceptable

You know the name.

Rowan Atkinson? I'm sure I've seen a clip of him doing something like that at a comedy gala of some sort.

You know the name.

I'm with you my friend I watched that and thought I just hope this guy's not getting paid for this... :S thankfully we had Mick Miller after that, I still love that Noddy Routine and I can remember it first time round... classic comedy always gets my vote. Lovey

Quote: reds @ December 15 2011, 1:11 PM GMT

Rowan Atkinson? I'm sure I've seen a clip of him doing something like that at a comedy gala of some sort.

He did it at the Secret Policeman's Ball, I think. I think it was the act that propelled him to stardom, with NTNON just following on. ? Not sure if this is the one Park's referring to, as I don't recall a flipchart.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 16 2011, 9:06 AM GMT

He did it at the Secret Policeman's Ball, I think. I think it was the act that propelled him to stardom, with NTNON just following on. ? Not sure if this is the one Park's referring to, as I don't recall a flipchart.

That was a schoolmaster taking the register - he had some papers in his hand as a mock register IIRC. Basically consisted of reading a lot of odd words out in alphabetical order so it sounded like a list of names....

Dint
Nibble
Orifice
etc etc .....

Only Elsworth-beast Minor and Elsworth-beast Major gave it any posh school connection.

Surely that is someone else's joke in any case (not that you couldn't adapt it for your own use, and then be shot).

I'm fairly new to these forums, so I hope no one hates me for criticizing, but.....

I don't think describing a comedian as 'not as funny as they think they are' or 'attention seeking' is fair. Clearly all comedians think they are funny and want attention, hence them getting on stage and telling jokes.

My picks would be Russells Brand and Kane, not Howard, he is ok.

If you are wondering, the answer is yes, I am as smug as I think I am.