Bafta Awards 2011: Comedy Nominations

The nominations for the Bafta Awards 2011 have been revealed today.

Amongst the highlights/those of interest to us here are:

Miranda Hart (for Miranda), Dawn French (for Roger & Val), Jo Brand (for Getting On) and Katherine Parkinson (for The IT Crowd) for Best Female Performance In A Comedy Programme.

Miranda will win, but I'd love to see Katherine win it.

Best Male Performance In A Comedy Programme: Tom Hollander (Rev), James Buckley (The Inbetweeners), Steve Coogan (The Trip) & David Mitchell (Peep Show).

Hmm....Coogan, I think.

Best Comedy Show: Facejacker, Come Fly With Me, Catherine Tate's Little Cracker, and Harry & Paul.

Best Sitcom: Peep Show, Mrs. Brown's Boys, The Trip & Rev.

Come Fly With Me! Can't believe that's in the list.

Still struggling that Mrs Brown is there. Is it a post modernist joke by Bafta?

It will probably win.

Miranda Hart (for Miranda), Dawn French (for Roger & Val), Jo Brand (for Getting On) and Katherine Parkinson (for The IT Crowd) for Best Female Performance In A Comedy Programme.

Best Male Performance In A Comedy Programme: Tom Hollander (Rev), James Buckley (The Inbetweeners), Steve Coogan (The Trip) & David Mitchell (Peep Show).

Best Comedy Show: Facejacker, Come Fly With Me, Catherine Tate's Little Cracker, and Harry & Paul.

Best Sitcom: Peep Show, Mrs. Brown's Boys, The Trip & Rev.

A pretty poor selection. Made worse by the winners. HARRY & PAUL??? STEVE COOGAN??? and JO BRAND???
The BAFTA committee must be having a laugh (at our expense), and not at the programmes or performances.