Naked Video - why no more DVDs?

I have always been disappointed how the BBC only released the first three Naked Video series on DVD. I remember seeing Naked Video on Paramount in the mid-90s (I wasn't really old enough to remember most of the original showings) and there is a hilarious sketch in either Series 4 or 5 where Gregor Fisher is playing a weather forecaster in a science lab, saying "all these people like Michael Fish and Francis Wilson are just amateurs. To forecast the weather properly you need a cock" - and he put a large weathercock on the table. He then says "you also need a chopper" and he puts one of those garden windmills on the table with the man chopping the tree.

Was the actor who played Siadwell gone from the last two series? I know there is a scene at the end of Series 3 where Siadwell has died.

I suspect it just didn't sell very well.

Quote: Aaron @ April 26 2011, 7:30 PM BST

I am surprised Naked Video didn't sell well, to be honest.

On Amazon . .

Series One ranked 33141

Series Two 34524

And Series three 21462

Quote: Aaron @ April 26 2011, 7:30 PM BST

Either that or they got fed up of using the same photographs for the sleeves.

It's a shame they didn't release any more, it was a great series. Does anyone else thinks it would be a good idea to put together a compilation of all the Rab C. Nesbitt sketches?

Quote: Knotty @ 16th February 2015, 4:37 PM GMT

It's a shame they didn't release any more, it was a great series. Does anyone else thinks it would be a good idea to put together a compilation of all the Rab C. Nesbitt sketches?

Yes, but the entire series would be even better. ;)

One of the funniest for me was when he was seen pushing (I think) a sideboard along the pavement, complaining that his wife wanted this, wanted that, always wanting something, the latest thing being an orgasm. Laughing out loud