French & Saunders

Anyone a fan of French & Saunders?

Just watching one of their specials, the Lord of the Rings parody.
Nice & funny.

I'm watching this now. It's all good fun. Not a fan of the LOTR films, so maybe missing many references.

I've grown up watching F&S, so they'll always have a place in my comedy heart. But sometimes get a bit bored of the self-awareness that streams through most of their sketches.

I got their Series 1 to 6 box set only a few weeks ago. The first two series are mediocre at best, but I've just watched Series 3 and I'd forgotten how fantastic they were at their best.

They were co-hosting a radio show yesterday on Radio 2 BTW!

That radio thing they do's become extremely popular, I think. I did hear the Christmas one they did and it was fantastic yeah.

Their Christmas/New Year shows were very funny.

Is it becoming a regular series now or something?

On the TV show they did, yes I mostly liked it, I thought it was a breath of fresh air after years of the much praised Victoia Wood show, which was high quality stuff but very old hat in style, let's face it. They burst onto the scene with all their old Comic Strip-style energy and spikeyness and poor old Ms Wood was hardly seen again.

French and Saunders are clever and precise and amusing, but I tend not to overdose on the actual LAUGHS. Love their fat slob characters!

Love them - especially the "stuff and nonesense" ladies - oh and the Misery parody...

I love them - my favourite double act in comedy and they have provided some of the most intelligent and adventurous writing the genre has ever seen.

I bought the French and Saunders Series 1-6 DVD a couple of years ago. It does get better and better as the series progresses. Does anyone know if there might be an upcoming DVD release which would include the Christmas specials? Thanks for any help you might offer.

I've got the box set and think it's brilliant!

It's a shame they don't work more often now, apart from the radio shows (which are equally brilliant!).

Their Abba take-off with Raw Sex remains one of my favourite comedy moments.