The Royal Bodyguard Page 3

Yes agree, no idea yet.

Quote: Aaron @ December 7 2011, 2:40 AM GMT

Alas not yet. Hoping I might get a chance later in the week. It sounds increasingly like I'll enjoy it, but I'm still naggingly aware that it could be another Big Top.

I liked Big Top actually. I'm probably in the minority :$

I didn't find it nearly as bad as some, but it wasn't a great show in any sense, and certainly wasn't what I'd hoped it might be.

So far I've laughed a lot.

It was utter, utter shit.

Loved it. Delightfully silly.

The Queen getting dragged along in a carriage was the highlight for me. It was better than the trailers suggested. I was expecting it to be abysmal.

Didn't think much of it, but it had a few funny moments... The queen hanging out of the carriage, the fall off the balcony, and the ending (even if it was a bit of a Johnny English rip-off).

I'll give it another go next week though.

It looks like it falls into the slightly too rude (implying that he thinks she wants sex and apparently still just post watershed from next week) but also childish trap.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 26 2011, 9:59 PM GMT

It was utter, utter shit.

Well said!

Quote: William Purry @ December 27 2011, 1:15 AM GMT

It looks like it falls into the slightly too rude (implying that he thinks she wants sex and apparently still just post watershed from next week) but also childish trap.

You mean childish crap?

Quote: David Carmon @ December 26 2011, 10:20 PM GMT

The Queen getting dragged along in a carriage was the highlight for me. It was better than the trailers suggested. I was expecting it to be abysmal.

And it was so realistic who an 70 year old man caught up with a runaway horse!

It's certainly no Big Top, that's for sure.

For me it started off well with the Queen falling, got a bit silly, hit a sag in the middle, then got worse. The odd slapstick moment aside it was, regrettably, and utter sack of shite.

Now I'm not DJ's biggest fan but this wasn't his fault. He did the best he could with a 1 dimensional character. The problem was in the lazy direction and the sub-par script which really disappointed me as I loved WWOML.

Usually love David Jason, comedy or drama. This was neither.
It was a Johnny English storyline, without the funny bits.

Before criticising this, I'd first want to see how funny a completely clean episode of 'Mrs. Brown's Boys' is.

It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better, but apart from that it was excellent.