The Royal Bodyguard Page 12

GOD THIS IS ABYSMAL!

It's wonderful.

Quote: Aaron @ January 30 2012, 9:14 PM GMT

It's wonderful.

Sorry mate, the Big Top thread is elsewhere.......

Talking of Big Top, he just drove into a tent. What if there was a child in there?

Oh, machine guns, how comical....

"People holding a grudge against me"

Yes half of the UK television viewing population.

Get off the TV. Please.

Oh yes, please be dead at the bottom.

Damn. Wrong person.

Just kill him off and be done with it.

He's in the boot of a car! Please push it off a cliff!

Kill him! Kill him! Kill him! Kill him! Whistling nnocently

How the hell did a frail old twat get out of a sinking car!!!!!

I feel cheated!

Oh what a pathetic excuse for getting out!

I feel quite calm knowing I'll never have to endure that again.

Well you say that, but despite the bad popular press, it did manage to achieve regular viewers of just under 3 million. Not "done deal" figures, but by no means shabby for an untraditional Monday night comedy slot post-watershed. I suspect that that will be the end of the show, but equally I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if it's recommissioned.

It wasn't very good, but I enjoyed Mrs Brown that followed after.

Did anyone else feel uncomfortable by the fact that Hubble's boss actually wanted him to die?

Quote: Millsy @ January 31 2012, 12:33 PM GMT

Did anyone else feel uncomfortable by the fact that Hubble's boss actually wanted him to die?

Not in the slightest, in fact I was on his side the whole time.

True that once the figures plummeted it remained steady, but it was complete crap.

If they make a second series then they could at least replace David Jason with someone younger.

I still can't get my head around why David Jason agreed to do it after reading the script.

Not his finest hour.

Even 'Life's Too Short' had more laughs than RB.

I gave up on this one after half of the first episode. However, my 10 year old daughter loves it. Perhaps she was the target audience ?

Quote: Park Bench @ February 1 2012, 12:50 PM GMT

I gave up on this one after half of the first episode. However, my 10 year old daughter loves it. Perhaps she was the target audience ?

It was broadcast a bit late if so.

Not really sure why the viewing figures of sub-3 million are being described as "healthy" by the write-up it has here. I think it's safe to say this has been a critical and ratings disaster.

For the time slot it had I don't think the ratings were great and an average audience share of 11%? what about the other 89% who chose to watch something else?

The Royal Bodybag would have been more apt.

After the inevitable peak of its festive launch, the series retained a very steady viewership of 3 million, proving that it had a sizeable audience.

The 3 million figure may not be at the higher end of what is achievable, but considering factors such as the sheer amount of negative coverage that the series received, its non-traditional broadcast day and post-watershed timeslot, we feel it's entirely respectable, well within the bounds of what we expected it to be, and higher than we'd suspected it might turn out considering the above.

Despite all of that, it's also broadly in line with other recent family comedies: In With The Flynns was recommissioned on an average of 3.63 million and My Family Series 11 had an average of 3.82. Conversely, the latest series of established hit Outnumbered picked up an average of 4.72 million viewers, Not Going Out entertained 4.09m, whilst Life's Too Short - albeit on BBC Two - suffered the shame of dropping below 1 million, ending with an average of 1.33m viewers; and Rev averaged a 3.13 million audience figure.

With the proviso that it did have that boost of launching in the festive period, The Royal Bodyguard achieved a series average of 3.78 million.

I don't have the Sunday repeat stats at the moment, but I would not be at all surprised if they're higher than the Monday night premieres.

So no, an audience of just under 3 million viewers mightn't be breathtaking out of context, but we consider if perfectly healthy within.