Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 13

I do enjoy Stewart Lee and have preferred this series to the first.
I think both he & the audience have had fun with him embracing his persona & the supposed critical reaction to it.
He has managed to get a lot of material out of his style & the way he's sometimes perceived.
He seems to be enjoying it & so am I.

I do like the "Audience/Viewer won't understand this" bits.
As well as the sublime keep a straight face stuff with Armando

I am a convert!

He doesn't do any of the annoying, repetitive, hanging over furniture bits any more, and he hates Adrian Childs and 'Musical Comedians' as much as I do. Lovey

Loved the toaster routine and the Al-Queda/IRA material was genius, at one stage I thought 'uh oh! he's going to get in trouble for that', but he pulled it off masterfully.

5 stars!

Chiles*

It should be Childs, he as annoying as one.

:D

Just watched this weeks; brilliant.

I enjoyed Alan Moore's appearance, but why did they use modern German flags in the bunker instead of period ones?

Eight minutes into the "Identity" episode.

F**king hell Lee, please write some new stuff. Some of your fans are watching this program.

Humm for me the Alan Moore bit didn't work at all , in fact it was painful, I know Stewart fauns over Alan Moore but that was crap.

Alan Moore demands his name be taken off Hollywood blockbuster adaptations of his work but is happy to turn up on a sketch at 11.30 on BBC2 about evidence that Churchill was in fact a pig with a cigar from a 30s marketing campaign that got out of hand.

Top geezer

Strangely enjoyed those two avant-garde loons on the red button ("people are just so used to listening to tunes").

I don't like Stewart Lee. So any people treat him like the second coming of comedy, but I find him to be a smug tosser.

This programme hasn't changed my mind.

Never seen his show or heard his jokes but am now curious as to what all the fuss is about so I'll give it a watch.

Quote: Lady Laughter @ June 4 2011, 8:37 AM BST

I don't like Stewart Lee. So any people treat him like the second coming of comedy, but I find him to be a smug tosser.

I've always thought the smug tosser persona was being played for ironic effect. I certainly laugh at it's nerve.

This weeks did have quite a bit of material I'd heard before, but it was still enjoyable. Like listening to one of your favourite CDs.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 4 2011, 10:09 AM BST

Never seen his show or heard his jokes

He doesn't do jokes...

Quote: Lady Laughter @ June 4 2011, 8:37 AM BST

If all comedians were jolly, cheeky chappies like Peter Kay that would be a poor state of affairs.

Im sure its just his stage persona anyway.

I applaud Stewart Lee cos he tries to do something different. Lord knows, no f**ker else out there bothers to.

Sure, not everything he does works but when it does he's damn good.

P.S. im not slagging Peter Kay off, I love the big fat bugger.

Not quite as strong this week but still the best thing on telly at the moment.