Is Jim Davidson legendary? Page 6

Maybe someone mentioned this before but after the Iranian Embassy siege was ended by the SAS the "After show" party for the SAS Davidson was first choice amongst the lads but I think couldn't appear. So he was very popular with certain groups of useful people. So maybe he is a legend...

Apropos of not much really, here is Jim Davidson singing an Irving Berlin track. It was first recorded in 1915 by Al Jolson who enjoyed a bit of the old racism as well. http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/when-i-leave-the-world-behind

Jim was on Richard Bacon's Radio 5 show a few weeks ago. It was quite painful listening to how he justifies and defends his past. I've heard him do this a couple of times now and he only seems to dig himself into an even deeper hole. He still sells out venues up and down the country, so I guess some people just see it as a joke and nothing more.

Davidson legend? If we're talking other than comedy as in reactionary I would concur.
Of course there is no accounting for taste, and we all have our own unique sense of fun. So someone somewhere must find even Jim Davidson funny, but comedy legend?
Come on who are we kidding?

If legendary encompasses notorious, which I would argue it does, then JD is legendary, like it or not, like him or not.

As linked on here, he's upset a woman football pundit with what I thought was a very funny joke/quip. I really struggle to believe that every female in England would find that unfunny, especially in the off the cuff way he said it, let alone sound offensive. I say thank f**k he's still doing his thing in whatever small way he can and glad to see him at the forefront of the ever growing anti woke brigade.

Was it the quip/joke that he hoped when they score, they took their shirts off in celebration?
Somebody was offended so that's the news.

Nope. Davidson is a Class A c*nt through and through. His comedy punches down, and as for being 'anti woke', nobody should ever be proud to be categorised as that.

What is it with calling people the vilest names because you don't agree with or like.
I thought lefties prided themselves on always having the moral high ground.
Or is it only when I suits?

Well put Stephen.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 18th April 2022, 11:22 AM

Nope. Davidson is a Class A c*nt through and through. His comedy punches down, and as for being 'anti woke', nobody should ever be proud to be categorised as that.

I'm proud to be anti-woke.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th April 2022, 1:06 PM

I'm proud to be anti-woke.

It's generally known as common sense.

Common sense is judging each issue on its own merits and not sticking moronic and divisive labels (woke, anti-woke, etc) on everything.

I love the fact that exactly the same conversation was being had about JD 11 years ago.
Someone even called him a c**t back then.
Not sure if the bloke was a Leftie - or just someone who didn't like Jim Davidson.

I'm getting woker as I get older. I cringe to think of some of the cartoons I did years ago. For me it just means treating other people with respect - except for Jim Davidson of course.

The question is, "is Jim Davidson legendary". Not "Do you personally like him", "Do you find his jokes funny" or "Do you agree with his views".

Definitions of Legendary:

Of, based on, or discussed in legend

Appearing (solely) in legends

Having unimaginable greatness

Extremely well known; famous

I'd say probably one out of four there.