People who dislike Michael Barrymore = ignorant Page 4

Chappers, what are you babbling on about? Please explain as your incoherent ramblings are spoiling these discussion threads.

Quote: Kanavan @ March 28 2011, 11:06 PM BST

Chappers, what are you babbling on about? Please explain as your incoherent ramblings are spoiling these discussion threads.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Kanavan,

Calm down a bit.

Get a feel for the tenor of the forums before going off.

Personally, I think MB had a great rapport with the contestants and was one of the best people persons I have seen.

His 'private' life is another matter. And, since nothing was proven either way, I won't make a judgment.

Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis both had their moments of 'fame' but I still love their music.

Oldrocker.

It's quite a pity that some people conduct themselves in such a strange manner. I think there actually is probably a good argument to be made that Barrymore is an undervalued entertainer who could be found a good place in our TV entertainment schedules.

Quote: Aaron @ March 29 2011, 12:15 AM BST

It's quite a pity that some people conduct themselves in such a strange manner. I think there actually is probably a good argument to be made that Barrymore is an undervalued entertainer who could be found a good place in our TV entertainment schedules.

I think that there is something about having to "love" somebody who does this kind of thing - but when the love is lost they just seem sad. The same would happen with Bruce Forsyth if things started to go wrong for him.

Quote: sootyj @ March 28 2011, 7:52 PM BST

Nah he was sentimental and second rate.

He was a tremendous performer, there's little doubt about that. On Strike It Lucky he used to be fantastic; half the show was just him having fun with the guests at the start. For a big, popular mainstream act, he always felt strangely dangerous, too, as you never quite knew what he was going to do, as he fed off the reaction.

It always felt a bit like a cry for help.

He may be a little old hat as a stand up but he was very good in the sitcom that he made around the turn of the century. Bob Martin. That was good, that was. Keith Allen and Denis Lawson as well.

Quote: Kanavan @ March 28 2011, 8:24 PM BST

Then why did you claim to have not been familiar with him in your previous post?

And why aren't you posting just who you are on this forum, as you've claimed to be an 'ITV personality', prove it.

Yes come on Aaron, prove what show you've been on. I bet it was You've Been Framed.

On Barrymore, the man was pretty much talentless from the start. He always seemed like he should be wearing a redcoat all the time because he just belonged in Butlins. He was vulgar, unfunny, embarrassingly unoriginal and clueless, he patronised his audience at best and his cringemaking pleas on his BB comeback were really sick making.

Whether he was guilty or in any way responsible for that man's death or not, it happened in his vulgar swimming pool FFS, that means your career is over, old fruit, piss off to Spain or get a job in Tescos if you want to work again so much.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 29 2011, 10:39 AM BST

Whether he was guilty or in any way responsible for that man's death or not, it happened in his vulgar swimming pool FFS, that means your career is over, old fruit, piss off to Spain or get a job in Tescos if you want to work again so much.

Vulgar swimming pool? Old fruit? Piss off? Very odd.

Quote: sootyj @ March 29 2011, 10:18 AM BST

It always felt a bit like a cry for help.

When I was twelve, it was just funny.

I was looking for subtext when I was watching Playschool

I don't know much about Barrymore's early career, I only really know him from his appearances on reality TV, such as Big Brother and Come Dine With Me.

He came across as immature, desperate and unable to take others' feelings into consideration. He played up to the cameras so much, and just didn't know when to stop, it was awkward.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 29 2011, 10:55 AM BST

Vulgar swimming pool? Old fruit? Piss off? Very odd.

I think it's fair to say that a swimming pool of a house in Essex belonging to a TV celebrity of dubious quality and negligable talent, used for gay parties, one of which hits the headlines for having a young man floating dead in it on a Sunday morning, is indeed vulgar. I see no problem with saying it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 29 2011, 11:11 AM BST

I think it's fair to say that a swimming pool of a house in Essex belonging to a TV celebrity of dubious quality and negligable talent, used for gay parties, one of which hits the headlines for having a young man floating dead in it on a Sunday morning, is indeed vulgar. I see no problem with saying it.

Come on Alfred, are you seriously telling me you've never left a floater at a gay party?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 29 2011, 11:11 AM BST

Errr