Funny Black British Comedians? Page 4

Quote: Baumski @ June 11, 2007, 3:08 PM

...unlike the 70's, where there were too few opportunities for black comedians, there can't be too many good black comics out there today. On the other hand, that does beg the question why do so many crap white comidians manage to break through the system and end up on mainstream tv?

It's like the issue with police, teachers, MPs, etc etc etc. The reason there's so few black people is not because of racism from those higher up, it's because they don't want to do it.

Stupid idiots.

Anyway. Yes. So crap comedians have to fill up the quota.

Hmm, the police force does have a lot of racism in it...when I was studying Law at Uni (before I dropped out like the quitter I am :P) we took a look at that topic.

Careful everyone please - we don't want this to become a Big Brother incident!

Anyway, off the top of my head, here's some more famous black (or nearly black) comedians:

Rudolph Walker
3 Non Blondes / Jocelyn Jee
Craig Charles
Felix Dexter
Rudi Lickwood
Marcus Powell
Reginald D Hunter
Matt Blaize
Robbie Gee
Don Warrington
Joseph Marcell

is Rudi lickwood a real name ... or one of Charley's pseudnyms?

Don Warrington was never what I'd call a comedian. It's just because he had that impeccable accent that it seemed incongruous (big word eh?)

I honestly have only really heard of Rudolf Walker, Craig Charles,(who are both comedians I like) 3 Non-Blondes (which was very hit and miss) and (know the name but don't know where from) Felix Dexter.

Who was the bloke in Gimme Gimme Gimme?

Don Warrington! Of course! :)

I thought Don Warrington was in Rising Damp.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 11, 2007, 11:44 PM

Who was the bloke in Gimme Gimme Gimme?

Brian Bovell. He was good in 'Prospects' with Gary Olsen. (Anyone remember that?)

thanks esty. I didn't think he'd been mentioned above. He's in Hollyoaks at the moment - not that I watch Hollyoaks - it's just that it's on when my eyes are pointed at the TV.

It's on after The Simpsons so I normally catch about 5 minutes of it.

"God, I hate Hollyoaks, but she is hot, she's gone now, God I hate Hollyoaks, Wow she's hot, oh she's gone now, God, I hate Hollyoaks. Turn Hollyoaks off!!"

I've no idea what you're talking about Leevil.

It's 'cos you don't like the female form David, 'cos you're a Gayo and only notice black men in Hollyoaks and not the ton of gorgeous yet talentless babes.

I guess you're probably right. I mean all those girls with the long dark hair are really rough aren't they.

Actually a couple of them are.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 11, 2007, 11:57 PM

I thought Don Warrington was in Rising Damp.

Correct.

He is in Grumpy Old Men too. And is still extremely sexy. Even though extreeeeemely old.

Quote: Mark @ June 11, 2007, 11:29 PM

Anyway, off the top of my head, here's some more famous black (or nearly black) comedians:

I'd hate to break that news to someone

Doctor:
We have your test results back and i'm afraid its bad news. Mr Smith you are nearly black.

Mr Smith:
What does that mean?

Doctor:
Well you don't have a big penis but you'll never get promoted.

Mr Smith:
Doh!