Funny Black British Comedians? Page 3

Lenny Henry was cool 'cause he did lots of stand-up, sketches and even films all over the place. He also comes across as a genuinely nice guy. You just get the feeling he's trying too hard, especially in interviews.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 9, 2007, 8:10 PM

Sorry - I didn't know you wanted to compartmentalise comedy that much.

I was shocked at the fact that you said "If you call Asians black".

I think some Asians do refer to themselves as black?

Really? Never come across that before, I thought they refer to themselves as Asian :)

What if their not from Asia? British born Asian?

They're not mutually exclusive.

Quote: Leevil @ June 10, 2007, 6:03 PM

What if their not from Asia? British born Asian?

Yes but 'Asian' is also a race, as is black and white. So it's seperate. Although where all human right. Cool

I did say some Asians, but what do I know? I'm only Asian myself!!!

Nah not really :P

I'm White Aryan ;)

I am beige.

I am God.

OK - maybe I shouldn't have said that - but why ask about Black comedians anyway?

Something about scrotal sack cancer?

Quote: David Chapman @ June 10, 2007, 11:48 PM

OK - maybe I shouldn't have said that - but why ask about Black comedians anyway?

I never asked about black comedians.

After reading through this thread and taking note of all the posts, what occurs to me that unlike the 70's, where there were too few opportunities for black comedians, there can't be too many good black comics out there today. On the other hand, that does beg the question why do so many crap white comidians manage to break through the system and end up on mainstream tv? It's nothing short of a Scooby Doo mystery, if you ask me.

Raggi!