Funny Black British Comedians?

In Extras old Fatty Gervais lambasts the lack of funny black British comedians, especially compared to America. And as much as I hate to admit it, he's probably right. There don't seem to have been any major black comedy stars in this country. And with the exception of the brilliant Dexter Fletcher, I can't think of many funny black people at all... Any thoughts on this? Incidentally, I don't want to hear Lenny Henry's name mentioned on this thread. That man is about as funny as scrotal sack cancer.

Lenny Henry....oops! :)

I think people are unfair to Lenny. He does different comedy now but when he was young he was really funny and edgier. Delbert Wilkins was Cruciaaaaal!!! And I remember some stand-up he did where I think he was trying to buy some grass for the first time but he didn't know what it looked like and he accidentally mistook some cabbage for it.

I was crying with laughter!

At least I hope it was him.

Errrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm?

Spike Milligan?

Him out of only fools & horses. I saw a Hysterical guy at jongleurs but I cant remember his name. He was tasty too. He was the funniest live stand up I have ever seen ever. Infact I cant remember the names of any of the comedians I have been to see. I would know his name if i saw it again.

Lenny Henry isn't funny NOW, but he was. He attracted Ben Elton disease.

Junior Simpson is OK sometimes.

Isn't Dexter Fletcher that white boy off Press Gang?

Richard Ayoade is one of the funniest men on the planet.
And I like Stephen K Amos.

http://www.comedycv.co.uk/black-comedians.htm

Quote: chipolata @ June 8, 2007, 10:31 AM

And with the exception of the brilliant Dexter Fletcher

http://www.comedycv.co.uk/felixdexter/index.htm

Felix Dexter?

Quote: Leevil @ June 8, 2007, 12:26 PM

Spike Milligan?

Laughing out loud

Ah... Craig Charles, my second imaginary husband.

And, why is Mitch Benn on that list? He's a big old whitey.

Gina Yashire is funny.

Hate Lenny Henry too.

:(
Don't hate him.
He was lovely in the 80s.

Does anyone remember The Real McCoy?
T'was good.

Best thing in Star Trek was 'Bones' McCoy.

But he wasn't black.

The Fosters, Britains first all black comedy. Lenny Henry had a role in that, but he was only young. That was excellent and Desmonds was good.