Prospects

Anyone else remember this comedy drama? I was a little kid when this aired. I loved it and managed to stay up without my parents knowing. I managed to get a bootleg DVD from eBay, I still love it.

Gary Olsen was great in this, loved it, was Minder meets Only Fools.

I still love the opening titles. Gives me goosebumps, taking me back to hiding downstairs watching it. Real shame they can't put this on TV but there are legal issues preventing it being aired I believe. I bought the DVD off eBay - the guy did a good job putting it together. I've mentioned it to people before and nobody remembers it!

Co-starred Brian Bovell as I recall; I remember it as one that grew on me.

Pssst. DVD release date in March.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/item/3204/prospects_the_complete_series_dvd/

This was a great series, very much in the OFAH/Minder vein but a bit grittier and more realistic, roll on March.

This series was pretty good, but some episodes were bloated with a bit of filler. Should have got a second series.

I covered this show a while back for my blog and am pleased to see that the official DVD release is finally out. I'll probably hang on til it comes down in price though...

I think Gold should repeat this again.

I've never even heard of it. I used to watch a fair bit of Channel 4 and of course know Gary Olson from 2.4 Children.

Was this before 2.4?

Quote: Chappers @ 31st July 2014, 6:40 PM BST

I've never even heard of it. I used to watch a fair bit of Channel 4 and of course know Gary Olson from 2.4 Children.

Was this before 2.4?

Several years before. I think it aired in 1986.

2.4 seems as long ago as that to me. When was that on?

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2014, 10:10 PM BST

2.4 seems as long ago as that to me. When was that on?

1991 - 1999 according to IMDB.

...You guys know what website you're on, right? And that all of these questions are answered within 3 clicks?