Census Page 8

The next one is due next week and it looks like it's to be done on a line.

What happens if you haven't got a computer and can't do it online?

If you want a paper one sent go to :-

www.census.gov.uk.

Yes OK there is a phone number too.

Filled mine in over a week ago!

And what annoys me, for us family history searchers, is the 1921 census will not be released until Spring 2022 - Oh well, we've waited a hundred years. Angry

*Edit - just checked. Did it online on the 3rd of this month, so I don't know where you get "due next week" :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2021, 4:12 PM

Filled mine in over a week ago!

I thought, technically, you're not meant to fill it until the actual day of the census?

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th March 2021, 6:10 PM

I thought, technically, you're not meant to fill it until the actual day of the census?

You're not. It clearly says who is in your place of residence on 21st March.

Herc's going down!

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th March 2021, 6:10 PM

Quote: Chappers @ 14th March 2021, 6:18 PM

You're not. It clearly says (bollocks) who is in byour place of residence on 21st March.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th March 2021, 6:27 PM

Herc's going down!

And I quote, FROM THE CENSUS LEAFLET................

You can submit your completed questionnaire before 21 March if you know who will be in your household on that day.
If you submit your questionnaire before 21 March but your circumstances change before that day, you can let us know.

The likelihood of it changing from my wife, my son and me is very remote. So there :P

Right - it's all round Herc's in a caravan

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th March 2021, 7:43 AM

Right - it's all round Herc's in a caravan

?

However, I will be thinking of you and Chappers on the 21st (not) as you try and post your census online with all the millions of others. Patient man are you? Laughing out loud

I'm doing the paper version by post. On the day. In the time honoured fashion.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th March 2021, 9:50 AM

I'm doing the paper version by post. On the day. In the time honoured fashion.

As an English gentleman would do of course. I expect you will get Jeeves to post it? He's always good for a stamp ain't 'e.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2021, 8:28 AM

?

However, I will be thinking of you and Chappers on the 21st (not) as you try and post your census online with all the millions of others. Patient man are you? Laughing out loud

If the system is on par with other Government Software, then the servers will crash on the 21st. And Boris will be blamed.
Hey ho around 28 million households all trying to access just a few servers in one day??

I think I shall do mine a few days before the 21st, though like Herc I doubt it will differ from present occupation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ho+many+households+are+there+in+the+UK

I don't know what your census architecture is, but most high-volume websites are hosted on virtual servers "in the cloud" and additional bandwidth and processing power can be added on the fly as demand increases.

I will be offering mine in person so its another night in a lowly cattle shed for me .

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2021, 6:20 AM

And I quote, FROM THE CENSUS LEAFLET................

You can submit your completed questionnaire before 21 March if you know who will be in your household on that day.
If you submit your questionnaire before 21 March but your circumstances change before that day, you can let us know.

The likelihood of it changing from my wife, my son and me is very remote. So there :P

What about your slaves in the basement?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 15th March 2021, 3:27 PM

I will be offering mine in person so its another night in a lowly cattle shed for me .

No room in the Inn?

Quote: Chappers @ 15th March 2021, 5:37 PM

No room in the Inn?

Teddy's always had a fairly high opinion of himself...:)