Census Page 5

That would be a bit bloody stupid.

Think it's pretty definite.

Sadly

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 8 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

Got mine today, haven't opened it yet.

Ditto.

Question 25 is very badly written. They can have that for starters.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 8 2011, 12:06 PM GMT

Has anyone noticed this yet?

Mr Google tells me that Q17 appears in the Welsh census forms as it's about the Welsh language. Leaving it blank in England means the same question numbers apply in England and Wales.

Quote: Badge @ March 9 2011, 12:57 AM GMT

Mr Google tells me that Q17 appears in the Welsh census forms as it's about the Welsh language. Leaving it blank in England means the same question numbers apply in England and Wales.

So I assume the question is "Do you read and write Welsh?"

I bet it's some sort of secret message in Welsh about killing Englishes. Angry

Quote: zooo @ March 9 2011, 1:38 AM GMT

Roscoff might tell us.

Anyway, the good news is that as long as I don't develop a disability or die within the next couple of weeks, or have unexpected visitors or detain someone against their will on 27th March, my form is complete and correct. Didn't take long.

Quote: zooo @ March 9 2011, 1:38 AM GMT

Almost certainly. They are not to be trusted.

Quote: DaButt @ March 9 2011, 1:43 AM GMT

Almost certainly. They are not to be trusted.

Oi! Angry Pirate

Our form is fairly short; I don't remember it taking much time. Some randomly chosen people get a longer form. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010_Questionnaire_Info.pdf

Our 2010 census came in $1.6 billion under its $7 billion budget: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/10/census.under.budget/

That's still about $20 per person. Eh?

Quote: billwill @ March 9 2011, 1:49 AM GMT

Oi! Angry Pirate

A random Welsh guy at a pub in London threatened to kill me. The English guy at the pub in Reading merely wanted to break my neck.

Apart from the hilarious Q17, I enjoyed the instruction 'Go to Q43'. When you get there, it says there are no more questions.

Quote: Nogget @ March 9 2011, 6:10 AM GMT

Apart from the hilarious Q17, I enjoyed the instruction 'Go to Q43'. When you get there, it says there are no more questions.

And the logic is beautiful. The declaration as to the completeness and accauracy is on the front page before you actually answer anything. On the envelope it states if undelivered, please return to... How if its undelivered?

There's just one tiny detail that the census fails to take into account as regards the business of planning the locality for the future. Change. People move, have children, die. Sometimes all three.

But this is as nothing compared to the prospect of Dave's Happyness Index.

Quote: Badge @ March 9 2011, 1:43 AM GMT

Roscoff might tell us.

You have to rub it with a leek dipped in the blood of a Rhondda virgin which then reveals the location of Tom Jones' libido. Therefore will remain blank in Wales also.

Quote: keewik @ March 8 2011, 11:49 PM GMT

Think there's some plan afoot to make this the last Census

Who needs facts when you have prejudices?

Quote: KLRiley @ March 9 2011, 11:56 AM GMT

There's just one tiny detail that the census fails to take into account as regards the business of planning the locality for the future. Change. People move, have children, die. Sometimes all three.

The events you mentioned are exactly what a census measures: change in population.