24 Hour Panel People Page 2

This is awful. Censoring? Really? Ugh.

Quote: Aaron @ March 5 2011, 1:36 PM GMT

This is awful. Censoring? Really? Ugh.

'Big Brother type censoring comes to BBC1', was only a matter of time. I wonder if they have to pay Channel 4 for the rights to use that ingenious, though incredibly irritating bird noise device? Many of these little things have ownership, I believe.

No doubt Endemol bought it from a stock sound library in the first place.

Suspect that the censoring was libellous comments rather than swearing; nevertheless...

There's been plenty of swearing in the last five minutes, so must have been libellous shiz.

Was it me, or did Jimmy Carr screw up his jokes at the start of this? Did no one tell him it was live?

I missed the beginning.

Jamelia HATES fat people. Eep.

She isnt alone zooo.

No I s'pose not.
I guess that's the sort of rant that usually gets edited out!

I loved that clip of the fat lady on the trampoline. She looked rather spiffy in her lovely Victorian exercising outfit.

Let's be fair there would be a lot of the previous 2 hours edited out if it was a broadcast panel show.

'genuinely absolutely groundbreaking and very exciting'

It's an interesting thing to do to try and raise money and awareness, but I think the above may be going a little over the top!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 5 2011, 2:19 PM GMT

'genuinely absolutely groundbreaking and very exciting'

Ha! We are enthusiastic about comedy, better than the other way around!

I stopped watching 8 Out Of 10 Cats as it was doing a good job of demonstrating how important editing is when making a panel show (I'm sure the end result for the TV highlights episode will be just fine though).

I still think it's pretty exciting and groundbreaking idea though. If nothing else, it is getting everyone talking about Comic Relief (trending worldwide on Twitter etc).

Plus, hey, it's a chance to see some more of our favourite formats in a new way, and a welcome return of some classics people never thought they'd see again. e.g. the first TV broadcast for Just A Minute; a comedy version of Through The Keyhole; the return of Whose Line Is It Anyway? (will it show up Fast & Loose?); Jack Dee hosting It's Only TV; Nick Hancock back hosting Room 101 again; not to mention new episodes of shows like Mock the Week, QI and Argumental... lots to look forward to!

(Shame I'm too busy to watch it all. iPlayer needs a record button!)

(P.S. Did anyone else see the Blankety Blank spoof at the start? Pretty good that!)

Even better than all that it might end Jamelia's career in one fell swoop.

Quote: Mark @ March 5 2011, 2:29 PM GMT

... the first TV broadcast for Just A Minute

The ITV series has been erased then? Probably a good idea.

Quote: bigfella @ March 5 2011, 2:34 PM GMT

Heh.
I thought she was about to go into a gypsy rant too but my internet cut out. :(

Quote: Mark @ March 5 2011, 2:29 PM GMT

(P.S. Did anyone else see the Blankety Blank spoof at the start? Pretty good that!)

Yeah!
I think it was from a couple of years ago, but it was excellent.

I could do with a series of that, actually.

Quote: bigfella @ March 5 2011, 2:34 PM GMT

She has a career?! :O :P