Benidorm - Series 4

After watching episode 1 it seems to be back on track, after a slight dip during Series 2 and 3.

I thought the first episode was brill. If the same standard remains throughout the run, it should be a very amusing and pleasant final series.

The caravan park was quite cute.
For a caravan park.

I enjoyed it. Some good laughs, and interesting new characters. Missed Jonny Vegas though, really disappointing that Litten disposed of him so willingly.

I have to say, I thought episode 1 was really quite poor. Hardly laughed, just seems like the characters who have been there since the start have nowhere to go now. The new characters didn't do it for me either. Show should have ended after series 3. Litten has gone on for one series too long in my opinion.

Also, I like Cilla Black, but her cameo was f**king cringeworthy.

Isn't she always?

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ March 1 2011, 3:52 PM GMT

Also, I like Cilla Black, but her cameo was f**king cringeworthy.

So she wasn't a lorra lorra laughs then?

I have this recorded but haven't watched it yet. Didn't watch a lot of the last run either, but I have misgivings and felt during the previous series that this had gone to the well once, or indeed twice, too often.

However, if nothing else I'm a fair man and will see what it's like before passing my judgement (not meant to be as pompous as it looks when written down btw, in fact I'm sure they aren't exactly bricking themselves about what ol' Blenky thinks.)

Yeah I think it's come back once too often. Due to the whole setting of the show, it becomes less believable that these characters (some of which don't get on) would constantly go back to the same hotel at the same time.

Episode 1 of the 4th series was one of the worst comedy episodes I've seen and it baffles me why 7.6m people tuned in.

It seems the best scenes form series 1 were the ones around the pool. Episode 1 of Series 4 seemed to go back to this. Will watch the rest of the series in the hope it doesn't resort to a ridiculous kidnapping episode!

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ March 1 2011, 4:47 PM GMT

Due to the whole setting of the show, it becomes less believable that these characters (some of which don't get on) would constantly go back to the same hotel at the same time.

Does it matter if comedy is believable or not though?

You don't hear many people complaining about Fawlty Towers and its farcical (but very funny) story-lines.

I love this show. Series 2 and 3 were fantastic. Christmas special was a disappointment. Ep.1 of new series was a bit of a slow starter for me but I'll stick with it.

Quote: Will Cam @ March 2 2011, 11:32 PM GMT

I love this show. Series 2 and 3 were fantastic. Christmas special was a disappointment. Ep.1 of new series was a bit of a slow starter for me but I'll stick with it.

Is that why you went over there? To appear as an extra in an upcoming episode? Eh?

Was it just me, or did the show rather lose a bit of its sparkle last night?

I thought it was better than last week, so no, just you! Loved Lesley's rendition of Pokerface.

Actually, I take that back. I just remembered Pauline losing her pants on the waterslide.