Comedy Lab 2011

Ian Wolf

• Thursday 10th February 2011, 9:11am
  • Stockton-on-Tees, England
  • 2,837 posts

Details of this year's Comedy Lab are starting to come out. Annoyingly they are coming out of the paysite Broadcast so I can't read it. All I can tell is that it is about the sport kabbadi.

chipolata

• Thursday 10th February 2011, 9:50am
  • England
  • 29,583 posts
Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 10 2011, 9:11 AM GMT

Details of this year's Comedy Lab are starting to come out. Annoyingly they are coming out of the paysite so I can't read it.

Haven't you got a BCG expense account yet, Ian? Eh?

Ian Wolf

• Thursday 10th February 2011, 11:38am
  • 2,837 posts
Quote: chipolata @ February 10 2011, 9:50 AM GMT

Haven't you got a BCG expense account yet, Ian? Eh?

No. I'm not paid regularly to do BCG work (yet).

Aaron

• Thursday 10th February 2011, 5:13pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,308 posts

The Comedy Labs for 2011 are expected in the autumn. The article states that the first they know anything about is a sitcom pilot called Kabadasses from Objective, about kabbadi, an Indian sport that achieved cult status on Channel 4 in the early 1990s.

"Written by Nikesh Shukla, the show will follow friends Bobby and Vin as they try to put together a multi-racial kabbadi team. Kabbadi is a team contact sport, similar to wrestling, commonly played in India and Bangladesh."

Copyright Broadcast, etc.

Ian Wolf

• Thursday 10th February 2011, 5:17pm
  • 2,837 posts

The story has now reached Digital Spy so you can read about it for free.

T.W.

• Thursday 10th February 2011, 9:09pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 15,786 posts

I'm a bit sceptical about Channel 4's Comedy Lab. I mean, it was set up over 10 years ago, yet they still seem to be no closer to publishing their scientific findings. :(

(I look forward to Comedy Lab 2012, where I will get yet another chance to post a variation of this same crap gag I've posted over the last few years. I will continue to do so until, one year, it finally gets a laugh.)

chipolata

• Thursday 10th February 2011, 9:26pm
  • England
  • 29,583 posts

Never let it be said that I won't take a bullet for the BCG.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 10 2011, 9:09 PM GMT

I'm a bit sceptical about Channel 4's Comedy Lab. I mean, it was set up over 10 years ago, yet they still seem to be no closer to publishing their scientific findings. :(

Laughing out loud

T.W.

• Friday 11th February 2011, 11:49am
  • England
  • 15,786 posts

A pity laugh is still a laugh.

Now if I can just persuade Ellie to take "one for the team" at the next BCG meet-up...