Comedy Lab 2011

Details of this year's Comedy Lab are starting to come out. Annoyingly they are coming out of the paysite Broadcast so I can't read it. All I can tell is that it is about the sport kabbadi.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 10 2011, 9:11 AM GMT

Details of this year's Comedy Lab are starting to come out. Annoyingly they are coming out of the paysite so I can't read it.

Haven't you got a BCG expense account yet, Ian? Eh?

Quote: chipolata @ February 10 2011, 9:50 AM GMT

Haven't you got a BCG expense account yet, Ian? Eh?

No. I'm not paid regularly to do BCG work (yet).

The Comedy Labs for 2011 are expected in the autumn. The article states that the first they know anything about is a sitcom pilot called Kabadasses from Objective, about kabbadi, an Indian sport that achieved cult status on Channel 4 in the early 1990s.

"Written by Nikesh Shukla, the show will follow friends Bobby and Vin as they try to put together a multi-racial kabbadi team. Kabbadi is a team contact sport, similar to wrestling, commonly played in India and Bangladesh."

Copyright Broadcast, etc.

The story has now reached Digital Spy so you can read about it for free.

I'm a bit sceptical about Channel 4's Comedy Lab. I mean, it was set up over 10 years ago, yet they still seem to be no closer to publishing their scientific findings. :(

(I look forward to Comedy Lab 2012, where I will get yet another chance to post a variation of this same crap gag I've posted over the last few years. I will continue to do so until, one year, it finally gets a laugh.)

Never let it be said that I won't take a bullet for the BCG.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 10 2011, 9:09 PM GMT

I'm a bit sceptical about Channel 4's Comedy Lab. I mean, it was set up over 10 years ago, yet they still seem to be no closer to publishing their scientific findings. :(

Laughing out loud

A pity laugh is still a laugh.

Now if I can just persuade Ellie to take "one for the team" at the next BCG meet-up...