Nuns On The Run Page 2

It's one of those films that seems to have always been there, in the ether, but I don't think I've ever actually seen.

I was about to mention the tits/muff, but I thought I'd read page one of this thread first. Glad I did.

Quote: Dave @ January 26 2011, 7:01 PM GMT

The girl in it (Camille Coduri) was funny as Faith, the love-interest who can barely see without her glasses.

Who went on to become Billie Piper's mum in Doctor Who.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 26 2011, 7:52 PM GMT

I was about to mention the tits/muff, but I thought I'd read page one of this thread first. Glad I did.

This.

Didn't Idle marry an ex-Playboy Playmate in real life? What with that and the nubile shower scene (which I'm sure he relished filming over multiple takes), old Eric has sure exploited his Python status as regards obtaining leisurable encounters with attractive younger women.

As have Cleese and Jones, by all accounts...

I have it on VHS. Quite funny, but I think my best solo Python film is Clockwise.

lol where and how do I see it?

Quote: raymond taylor @ February 13 2011, 2:42 PM GMT

lol where and how do I see it?

Those loads of those free-with-newspapers DVDs of it on eBay:

http://dvd-video.shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=nuns+on+the+run&_sacat=11232

Or you could just buy it properly:

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/12208780/-/Product.html]
[h=300317]

One of those films where you suspect that more time was spent writing the title than the screenplay.

Quote: Rico El Vista @ February 2 2011, 7:56 PM GMT

Didn't Idle marry an ex-Playboy Playmate in real life? What with that and the nubile shower scene (which I'm sure he relished filming over multiple takes), old Eric has sure exploited his Python status as regards obtaining leisurable encounters with attractive younger women.

"In that interview in the News section, he says:

BB: What's you greatest delight in putting together a show such as Spamalot?

EI: Being in the girls' dressing room. My wife will say, 'Where's Eric?' And the crew will say, 'He's in the girl's dressing room.' That's cos' I just love hanging out in there. Once, during the Australian tour I knocked on the door and called out 'Are you naked yet?' And the giggling call came back 'Oh, come on in Eric.' So I walked in, and three of them were stark naked, straight off the beaches, fantastic bodies. So I had to pretend to be Prince Charles and not look at them, staring at their eyes and saying 'How's it going, girls?' I told my wife when I died I want to be buried in the girls dressing room in Melbourne'. She said, 'You're gonna be.'

Quote: peter gazzard @ February 3 2011, 8:44 PM GMT

I have it on VHS. Quite funny, but I think my best solo Python film is Clockwise.

Oooh close but I'll go Gilliam and say Time Bandits or Brazil for sheer inventive brilliance.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 28 2011, 7:57 PM GMT

Oooh close but I'll go Gilliam and say Time Bandits or Brazil for sheer inventive brilliance.

I'd plump for Fierce Creatures myself.

Both Fierce Creatures and A Fish Called Wanda co-starred Michael Palin though, so not solo-Python films!

I would say Clockwise was film that had Python in it, rather than a Python solo film - which I would define as a project where the driving creative force was a Python, but not the whole Python team. Most Python solo-films feature guest appearances by other Pythons.

Brazil, Time Bandits and The Missionary for me, in that order.

Clockwise could have done with a bit more money thrown at it to not make it look so much like a TV movie, but Michael Frayn's script is great and Cleese has never given a better performance on film. It's also the only example I can think of a British "road movie" which actually works.