Keeping Up Appearances

I'm a big fan of Keeping Up Appearances. Patricia Routledge plays Hyacinth brilliantly and always puts in great performances. After watching the Comedy Awards tonight I had to smile when they showed the clip where she pushed the car out of the field. That episode is my favourite one. It's got the lot in it: the humour, chemistry, jokes, situation and just a genuine all round laugh. On another note I'm also a big fan of the now retired QE2. Love it that she made a guest appearance.

You can tell how popular it is. You could hear a big cheer from the audience when Clive Swift mentioned the show.

In 2010 there was a stage play made of Keeping Up Appearances with Rachel Bell from Darling Buds Of May playing Mrs Bucket. I've seen pictures of her in character and she looks just like Patricia Routledge. To me only Patricia can play Hyacinth but Rachel has had great reviews playing her.

I'm a fan too. Very good performances from the leads and I loved the neighbours next door.

Also love it. Such a very English show.

Quote: Aaron @ January 23 2011, 2:02 AM GMT

Agreed. It's funny that we tend to remake UK shows over here instead of airing the originals yet this show was fairly popular in the States.

My 3rd favourite Roy Clarke show after Summer Wine and Open All Hours, think my favourite episode is when Hyacinth is planning to take Daddy for a picnic only for Daddy to go off joyriding in Richard's car

Quote: Aaron @ January 23 2011, 2:02 AM GMT

You'd think, eh? :)
Then how come it is so incredibly popular in Latvia? I would even say it is the most popular Britcom here.

Which is unfair, I know. Still, we could have chosen much worse shows as favourites.

I love this show. Hyacinth and Elizabeth are my favourites! x

Easily my favourite Roy Clarke sitcom.

Onslow had his world well sorted out..

Quote: Axl R @ January 24 2011, 6:05 PM GMT

Easily my favourite Roy Clarke sitcom.

As much as I love Open All Hours, yes, I agree.

Surely there's already a thread on this isn't there? You're slipping Aaron.

Yes, you're right. https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/4591/