Blimmin' Rugby Thread Page 19

Quote: Chappers @ 4th November 2013, 10:11 PM GMT

£240 for Twickenham - E65 for Dublin.

(I'm not going. I don't understand the game. She's going with her daughter.)

Sounds like my kind of girl! Perhaps she'd like to take me instead Wave

Creditable performance from the lads today. Lost two key players in the first 30 minutes.

And as we say, there are only two teams I ever support. Wales and whoever is playing England !

Cymru am byth !

Good for Wales!
How much did they win by?

You rascal. Well it was a great game to watch anyway. A linesman missed a huge offside for a Bok try and the ref was a bit fussy. With a decent 10 Wales would've won. England won but the game was drab, no change there.

Disgusted Welsh supporter . .

Does that Twickenham bunch of grammar and public schoolboys not know anything about rugby etiquette ?

You do NOT attempt to sing down the Haka with the one song that you have.

Show some respect ffs!

Twats.

I thought they actually had a decent harmony going along with their haka thing. About time someone challenged it, after all it is a war song. Who else gets that privilege to psyche themselves up before a game? No, fair play, crowd I reckon.

And another little clue to NZ's superiority complex came at the end with the 100 cap awarding speech, zzz. Our guys would've said a few short words of thanks and that's it. My God do those all blacks think highly of themselves. They really aren't THAT good.

And how happy was she today after turning things around in the last minute!!!!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 16th November 2013, 11:58 PM GMT

Disgusted Welsh supporter . .

Does that Twickenham bunch of grammar and public schoolboys not know anything about rugby etiquette ?

You do NOT attempt to sing down the Haka with the one song that you have.

Show some respect ffs!

Twats.

Yes - very noticeable and today you could (almost) hear a pin drop in Dublin.

And of course New Zealand are also in the Rugby League World Cup final next week too with a last minute turnaround.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th November 2013, 8:10 PM GMT

And of course New Zealand are also in the Rugby League World Cup final next week too with a last minute turnaround.

That was the ultimate in sporting theatre. Just a shame about the result after an outstanding England performance against the holders.

The All Blacks then went and repeated the feat at the Aviva this afternoon. Both NZ teams winning with a last play try.

C'mon Wales tonight but I have to say I'm very unsure.

Mind you, I'd forgive that French side anything after the England game !

:D

I shall be attending Wales v France tonight. My mate has turned up with TWO free tickets worth £75 each! His wife's firm had booked them but two guys couldn't attend! Oh yes! Back of the net! Or should that be 'try under the posts!'

Edith Piaf, Maurice Chevalier, Françoise Hardy, Francois Mitterrand, Jacques Chirac, Joan of Arc . . . .

Your boys took a hell of a beating tonight !

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: roscoff @ 21st February 2014, 10:26 AM GMT

My mate has turned up with TWO free tickets worth £75 each! His wife's firm had booked them but two guys couldn't attend!

Don't you hate it when that happens. I hope you told him where to go, trying to ruin your Friday night in posting about under rated sitcoms from 30 years ago. Some friend eh!

France still a rabble of moody hard to manage players, there's a surprise. Should have been blown away by England. Yet another chance missed. :(

Do the Irish have a serious chance of winning today? Win and the GS is a formality with France out of it. I think with our key injuries and flimsy backline they might have a chance. If they start losing players to injury they have no chance. Could be an interesting game or could resemble a field in Flanders, hard call.

Great performance by Wales. Defence won it for them. France looked dangerous at times but the front five really took it to them in the second half. Wales still look like they have still got a bit of white line fever by not taking the right options. Although Warburton scored that try (just) what you couldn't see on the television was to the right of the ruck there wasn't a Frenchman to be seen! It was like Saturday night in the Bastille just after the French Revolution!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 22nd February 2014, 8:22 AM GMT

France still a rabble of moody hard to manage players, there's a surprise. Should have been blown away by England. Yet another chance missed. :(

Do the Irish have a serious chance of winning today? Win and the GS is a formality with France out of it. I think with our key injuries and flimsy backline they might have a chance. If they start losing players to injury they have no chance. Could be an interesting game or could resemble a field in Flanders, hard call.

England and Wales should compare notes. England have problems closing out games against Northern Hemisphere sides and Wales have similar problems against Southern.

I think Ireland will win today. They are confident beyond. However if England run their now aging pack around (as Wales should have) then anything is possible.

Anything interesting happen today?
I didn't see the scores.

It's a pity there wasn't any rugby on the weekend. Yes that's right, no matches anywhere, especially not at Twickenham Angry