Blimmin' Rugby Thread Page 18

Good !

He's an animal that should never be allowed near a rugby pitch again !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/may/26/dylan-hartley-out-lions-tour-ban

Hmm, he has a reputation but I feel sorry for anyone who's denied a Lions place one day before they fly out. The context of the misunderstanding that put his team 3 points behind after the half should have ended has to be looked at, and doesn't look like it was. And Barnes is not a hugely popular ref to say the least.

So the British Lions feel insulted because Australia put some crap teams out to play against them.

EWhat is the point of the British Lions? Is it to say "we can't beat you on our own so lets get the Scots, Irish and Welsh in to try and help."

Shouldn't think so because 'we'- England regularly beat Australia. Wales, funnily enough considering their dominance in the Lions squad are the only one of us not to have beaten Australia in last 3 years. But yes, the point is to beat the Aussies at home, because they hate nothing more than that. This time they should get a damn good thrashing which is no more than they deserve.

Ahead of the Autumn internationals, I am reminded of an old story.

In the days of terraces, a lone Welsh supporter went to Twickenham and stood outside, ticket less.

The match started and after about twenty minutes he heard an enormous roar.

He shouted up 'What happened?'

An England supporter looked over and shouted back 'The entire Welsh team except for Gareth Edwards has been sent off!'

Ten minutes later another enormous roar.

The Welshman shouted up 'Gareth scored has he?'

:)

A Max Boyce joke? I sent him a Gareth Edwards based joke once but I never got a reply. I wonder if he used it?

Possibly, can't remember where I heard it but it does sound like him.

An interesting news item about concussion being the latest problem to beset the game. BOD's uncle GP resigned from his RFU role after their dismissal of the problem. Another England player ruled out tomorrow and they want to make it a 5 minute assessment and back on the field if they haven't died. Many people have already warned of an on field death in the game which is becoming extremely dangerous to play now due to its physicality. I wouldn't encourage kids to take up playing it now, it's lost its creative edge and become a contest of over pumped gym monkeys charging at each other like battling rams. I mean, do you want to end up looking like Mike Tindall?

I agree Alf.

Time was when props were 18st and 5'4", wingers were all like Shane Williams.

If I've done the conversions correctly, George North is 6'5" and 17st.

So you have to be big to try to stop him.

Could England pass on the secret of beating the Southern Hemisphere teams please? Wales punch way above their weight in the Six Nations but stick them against anything south of the equator and they fail.
Would it be possible to move the equator somewhere around Antarctica so as all nations could then be classified northern? Thanks for your cooperation.

Australia/England/Wales in the same World Cup group. Would do my heart good to see Australia third!

England v Australia is one of those games where it's shame there can only be one loser.

A rugby thread and not one mention of Sam Burgess or Sam Tomkins, by far England's best current rugby players.

My lady being a Kiwi wanted to see the All-Blacks this autumn.

It was cheaper to get tickets, flights and hotel to see them play in Ireland than to see them at Twickenham.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th November 2013, 9:52 PM GMT

My lady being a Kiwi wanted to see the All-Blacks this autumn.

It was cheaper to get tickets, flights and hotel to see them play in Ireland than to see them at Twickenham.

Laughing out loud

Is that what you've done?

£240 for Twickenham - E65 for Dublin.

(I'm not going. I don't understand the game. She's going with her daughter.)