Smoking

I was just wondering - how many writers on this forum smoke?

Is it a cliche that the writer is surrounded by overflowing ashtrays, as s/he struggles for inspiration?

I smoke (though not at the computer) and am finding it hard to quit (which I really want to do) partly because when I'm excited about an idea, I immediately crave a nicoteenie.

Any thoughts?

No, I don't smoke and as a non-smoker, I welcome the ban.

But I think it "sucks" to be banning stuff.

Disgusting habit!!!!!!!!!

And really I just could not understand why anyone would want to.

Well I gave up a while ago, and started the odd cig when I drink. So to be honest when the ban starts it will help me. I just cant have a wine and not a ciggie, esp. when all my friends & my man occasionaly smoke's.When the ban comes it will be much easier too give up completely.

It is a dirty girty habit I agree.

However I do think pubs will suffer a profit loss. So yet again an infringment on our human rights and another knock for our small businesses

Lol, Eddie Izzard, I think?

"I see they've banned smoking in bars now, soon it'll be, No Smoking, No Drinking and No Talking."

I smoke cigars from time to time. If you've never tried it, do it now, it's great.

I try it sometimes when player poker, I always forget how much I hate it.

No thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't let you b'stards smerk in my cab anyway! :D

Interesting that although alcohol causes 15000 deaths a year, a fortune in criminal damage, personal assault and murder, there isn't even a health warning on a bottle of beer.

Something to do with the fact that Blair and his cabinet drinks but does not smoke?

"Drink Responsibly"

What kind of idiots need health warnings anyway?

FIRE - Do not touch! (I heard because it's a finger print magnet)

Now seriously you're getting onto my hobby horse.

If they want to stop people drinking and driving BRING DOWN THE PRICE OF NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS IN PUBS.

I've got that off my chest now thank you.

Don't smoke...gave up when i broke up with the ex 3 years ago.

Got rid of the two worst things in my life! :D

And then you found this site. Is that good or bad?

Talking about "Warnings" . I had to go on a course to learn why you should not drink toilet cleaner, bleach etc.

Well that is included in the best year of my life while i'm travelling...so good obviously... bar leevil...i'm trying to get rid of him!