Attempting to start open-mic night in Bristol Page 4

So did anyone find anywhere doing a decent open mic in bristol? I'd love to go along to one And possibly try a bit of stand up. (I'm really more of a writer but occasionly I feel like trying it myself)

Bristol - Oppo Comedy, Channings Hotel

Bath - Mirth Control, Baroque Nightclub. Funny Farm, Ye Olde George.

WSM - T's Gentlemen's club

There are also loads in Cardiff.

Hello,

I have arranged/got lucky with a venue for an open mic night in Bristol Thursday 19.04.2012. My first ever stand up attempt. Ever!

The venue, Bristol Cider House: http://www.bristolciderhouse.co.uk/Party.htm

From 2100. No entry or admin just turn up and do your thing.

Feel free to email me to let me know if you will be joining me. In fact, I would love to meet up beforehand/get an idea of numbers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sam

Bristol Cider House is awesome for Open Mic. I would recommend it to anyone.

Update: There are now three comedy performers including myself.

Repeat, there are two comedy performers and myself.

: )

S

hi, I might be interested in performing too on the 19th, it would be my first attempt, I can promise originality but perhaps not laughs!

Do it!

Sam - PM-ed you. Crucial question is how long have I got?

I seem to remember saying that to my doctor once.

5 - 10 mins for open mic nights.

Cheers

S

We are running a fortnightly new act night at the Wardrobe Theatre (above the White Bear on St Michael's Hill). Anyone is free to get in touch if they are interested in a spot, set times would range from 5-10 mins.

The next shows are the March 29th, 12th April and 3rd May, message me if you'd like any more info.

Ed http://thewardrobetheatre.com/

Popped my stand up cherry at The Wardrobe last night.

Very friendly, intimate venue (holding 30-50) - professional set up - I'd recommend popping along and checking it out.

Can anyone confirm that the open mic is happening tonight in the Coder House, Bristol? Thks!

I've had a couple of PMs from Sam Mayes who has organised it - nothing too structured, but I'm expecting to turn up for 9 and get on stage at some point.

Jack

Thanks for your reply, I'll be there too so hopefully can get on for 5 mins or so!

Damn, if I wasnt working tonight I would be there, need to keep my eye on this forum.