Most influential British comics on Twitter

The website PeerIndex has published a list of the 100 most influential British comics on Twitter.

Not surprising Stephen Fry tops the list (his QI partner-in-crime Alan Davies is joint 53rd along with Ross Noble, Lauren Laverne and Matt Berry). However, some might be considered unusually high. For example, Josie Long is 11th.

However, perhaps most interestingly is that the British Comedy Guide is joint 22nd on the list. We are as influential as BBC Comedy, Brendan Dodds, Mitch Benn and Tiernan Douieb. But most importantly, we are more inflential than Chortle who at 28th.

HA.

Sorry, bit immature to be so pleased about that. ;)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 18 2011, 6:37 PM GMT

Tiernan Douieb.

Is this a real person?

Eeehhh well done BCG!

Quote: zooo @ January 18 2011, 6:39 PM GMT

Is this a real person?

Yes!

When do we get paid?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 18 2011, 6:43 PM GMT

Yes!

Heh.
Is his surname pronounced Dweeb? If so that is a jolly fun name.

I've found out something interesting. I decided to check what my PeerIndex, and found out it was the same as Davies, Noble etc who've I've just mentioned. More pleasingly, the score I got was 42, which as a H2G2 fan I'm rather keen on.

Quote: zooo @ January 18 2011, 6:47 PM GMT

Heh.
Is his surname pronounced Dweeb? If so that is a jolly fun name.

Sorry- pronounced Dooyab.

Damn it.

Wohooo go BCG!

Well done BCG. Although look out for who's coming up behind you...

...yes it's Britain's 97th equal most influential comic. From now on this is how I shall ask people to address me.

Lauren Laverne

As much as I like her, I wouldn't class her as a comic

We are as influential as BBC Comedy, Brendan Dodds

Who?

Mitch Benn

Who?

Tiernan Douieb

Who?

British Comedy Guide

Who?

Bit gutted that despite 4000 followers, pretty much only tweeting jokes and being the first comedian to do an Edinburgh Festival comedy show exclusively on twitter I'm not in the top 100 Twitter comedians.

*Goes off to sulk*

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 18 2011, 9:10 PM GMT

Who?

Who?

Who?

Sootyj loads the shotty with owl strength rounds.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 18 2011, 9:14 PM GMT

Bit gutted that despite 4000 followers, pretty much only tweeting jokes and being the first comedian to do an Edinburgh Festival comedy show exclusively on twitter I'm not in the top 100 Twitter comedians.

*Goes off to sulk*

Awww, poor Tony! We loves ya!

I'm no expert but it would seem that you have to registered with that web-site for them to include you in their analysis. I might be wrong.