Fast And Loose Page 10

Quote: chipolata @ February 11 2011, 10:31 PM GMT

Although they had no idea what the song was even after being told.

Bloody hell, are they still doing that bit every week?!

I enjoyed Greg and his imaginary friend though, bit rubbish overall. Even the wall didn't cut it.

It only takes 2 minutes.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 11 2011, 10:36 PM GMT

I enjoyed Greg and his imaginary friend though

Yeah, I liked that.
I like the 'say something pretentious' bit too. Justin's are always the funniest.

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2011, 10:36 PM GMT

It only takes 2 minutes.

For the song? That's two, surefire dull minutes every week then.

I fear that watching the first two weeks has left me scarred and with a jaundiced opinion so I dare not tune in for fear of it inducing a nasty turn. Has it got any better?

Well I like it!
But then I liked it the first two weeks too.

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

I like the 'say something pretentious' bit too.

That's one of the worst bits imo.

I think the show's worn me down. It's not exactly good, but it's proving to be watchable with some undemanding laughs.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 11 2011, 10:36 PM GMT

I enjoyed Greg and his imaginary friend though, bit rubbish overall. Even the wall didn't cut it.

They just need to mix it up a bit more. The first week the show was on, the wall and the dance were the two redeeming features - they were just very original. Now that they've settled in a bit more, the other rounds are the ones getting the laughs - due to the strength of performance. But those two rounds are becoming terrible, partially through having been repeated every single week.

Plus I still think they'd benefit from having less people on each week, and more of a "game" element to it, where someone actually has to guess what's going on. As it is, everyone in the building's told in advance, making the whole process of them actually acting it out a little redundant.

Quote: GGdown @ February 11 2011, 11:55 PM GMT

and more of a "game" element to it, where someone actually has to guess what's going on. As it is, everyone in the building's told in advance, making the whole process of them actually acting it out a little redundant.

Yes, definitely.

I'm generally enjoying it though. Greg and Marek are always funny together. Justin's brilliant, and so is Laura Solon.

To my mind it needs is Clive Anderson, Josie Lawrence, Greg Proops, Paul Merton etc etc.

Sorry, but I'm just an old "It was a lot better in my day" type grumpy git.

PS. I like Hugh Dennis but I don't think this suits him at all.

PPS. When I watched there were far too many performers. Couldn't we have a Thatcher-style pruning to a more manageable number?

Partially agree with that - the contestants are actually one of the shows main redeeming features, there's usually 3 or 4 that make the show worth watching. And while I agree that the idea of pruning numbers appeals, there's the danger that we'll end up seeing less of Greg Davies/Justin Edwards, and more focus on those unnamed performers that don't work as well.

Pretty much agree with you on Hugh Dennis too - he's not bad, he just needs to stop actually trying to be part of the games and just stick to introducing and buzzing.

Hey guys, to me the whole show just feels staged and a bit too... shiny?

Anyway, there's a poll up here so you can vote each week on your "favourite" performer on the show...

http://ignitionimprov.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/who-was-best-on-fast-and-loose-week-5/

It's nice to think that back in her News Revue days that I wrote some sketches for Pippa Evans.