Sykes Page 2

It is more that when they do show it, it is always the same episode.

Ah, yes, there is that! Same with Till Death Us Do Part. Rolled out on any number of occasions for different reasons, but always the same ruddy one!

Quote: Stephen Lee @ January 22 2011, 9:39 AM GMT

Loved it when Peter Sellers walked in. I was surprised how well I remembered the theme tune when it started up.
Not a huge fan of the series though, I thought Eric was a bit music hall. Still better than most of the sitcoms on nowadays thou mind you.

My brief description of the beginning of the episode was likened by http://iwl.me to the work of Kurt Vonnegut!

Not that anybody who is allowed out doubts the genius of Eric Sykes, watch if you can the one that was on Gold this morning. S03E06 - A Bandage.

But here's the twist. Watch the part when his arms are bandaged, and Hattie won't wake up, with the sound off !

The his growing frustration at the situation is palpable.

:D

Help please anyone !

What's the episode where Hat has a boyfriend and Eric is upstairs in the loft with his telescope? Is it Burglary from the first of the second run of programmes?

I'm not sure what episode it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not Burglary.

Ah, true.

I can't seem to find a decent online episode list that gives a synopsis, plenty with just the titles but I can tie the plot to the title !

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 12 2012, 5:07 PM GMT

Ah, true.

I can't seem to find a decent online episode list that gives a synopsis, plenty with just the titles but I can tie the plot to the title !

Later:

Cracked it ! It's Nest Egg from S11 E15.

I can record watch it now !

Yes, I rather wish I'd had time to complete our guide. I'll skip through episodes for you to check.

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 12 2012, 5:30 PM GMT

Later:

Cracked it ! It's Nest Egg from S11 E15.

I can record watch it now !

Aha. Bravo.

Series 2 though. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ February 12 2012, 5:37 PM GMT

Series 2 though. ;)

Depends how one counts ! :P

Yeah, correctly or incorrectly. :P

Just wondering, does anyone know why Sykes is STILL not on DVD? It's criminal that this stuff is kept locked away in a vault somewhere. I've only just watched the Peter Sellers ep, they don't make em like that any more, unfortunately.

The complete 1972 series is available, although not cheap and I agree more should be released.

See Amazon product listing

Did anyone see Eric Sykes in a straight role in The Others? Excellent ghost story.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 16th April 2016, 10:32 AM BST

Just wondering, does anyone know why Sykes is STILL not on DVD?

My understanding is that the initial release did not sell well enough for further series to be financially viable. Now the BBC have more reasonable costs for programme licensing, and so the rest of the series is due to be released, perhaps commencing later this year.