Birds Of A Feather Series 9 DVD

Birds Of A Feather. Image shows from L to R: Sharon Theodopolopodous (Pauline Quirke), Dorien Green (Lesley Joseph), Tracey Stubbs (Linda Robson). Copyright: Alomo Productions / Retort.

Birds Of A Feather

Sitcom about a pair of mis-matched sisters and their glamorous friend, who all live together in Essex

Richard Saunders

• Thursday 6th January 2011, 5:50pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 63 posts

Hi everyone! Just heard some rediculous news! I just contacted Network DVD and they say there are no plans to release series 9 of Birds of a Feather. How stupid is that? Whats the point in releasing series 1-8 and not series 9. They are completely mad. How disappointing? Series 9 has 2 of my favourite eps too. 'Ghost' and 'Sunday'.

Aaron

• Thursday 6th January 2011, 6:18pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,345 posts

"No plans" does not mean that they won't, and there are still 2 months to go until Series 8 is scheduled for release. Give them some time.

Mike88

• Tuesday 11th January 2011, 10:24pm
  • Bedford, England
  • 243 posts

I'm just pleased that after years of hoping, praying, petitioning, emailing and wishing we are getting 1-8 in such quick succession.

barney

• Wednesday 19th January 2011, 9:04pm [Edited]
  • Peel Hall, England
  • 70 posts

Me too I was shocked when they announced that all these DVDs were coming in such quick succession to each other. I don't think that they play Series 9 on Comedy Central either do they? If they do my Sky+ hasn't recorded them...

Aaron

• Thursday 20th January 2011, 5:16pm
  • 68,345 posts

No, they've only been playing Series 1 - 7.

Dan F

• Wednesday 26th January 2011, 1:11pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 10 posts

Never fear! Series 9 is now finally up for pre-order! :D

Release Date: 11th April 2011

Product artwork - buy at Amazon
Buy at Amazon

Aaron

• Wednesday 26th January 2011, 4:01pm
  • 68,345 posts

Well spotted Dan, thanks!

Mvbpen

• Wednesday 2nd February 2011, 4:52am [Edited]
  • Wood Green, England
  • 1 posts

Series 9 is available to pre-order from Amazon. Release date is 11th April 2011.

barney

• Monday 14th February 2011, 6:45pm
  • Peel Hall, England
  • 70 posts

Why isn't it on HMV like all the others are?

Aaron

• Monday 14th February 2011, 9:30pm
  • 68,345 posts

The company that supplies Play and HMV with their data can be quite delayed at times, sadly.

barney

• Tuesday 15th February 2011, 12:44pm [Edited]
  • Peel Hall, England
  • 70 posts

Oh I'll pre-order it on Amazon then. I was slightly dubious about it as it wasn't on the HMV website. I've waited years for these DVDs and am getting them as soon as each one is released. All I need now is 2 Point 4 Children to release the rest of the series and I'll be a happy chappy. :)