Coupling

I'm just watching an episode of this.
it's a break up one with split screen.

It's quite good in parts.
Is it a Comedy worth catching up with?

Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this one...

Never really liked it myself.

Er... Errr

At its best, I think it's ace.

Maybe the early Russell T Davies episodes are better, though.

Laughing out loud

I like it a lot. It used to be on BBC America all the time so I got into it in quite a big way.

Very inventively plotted scripts. Definitely got Moffat's fingerprints on them. If you liked the split-screen ep, check out "The Girl with Two Breasts". Even better.

The main problem with the show is Jack Davenport being a f**king appalling comic actor, obviously. Once you get past that, it's aces.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 30 2010, 1:42 AM GMT

The main problem with the show is Jack Davenport being a f**king appalling comic actor, obviously. Once you get past that, it's aces.

I don't know, I laughed a lot at his performance in The Talented Mr Ripley. :)

Jack Davenport didn't need to spend much time learning his lines because invariably most of his dialogue would be either "What?" or "I'm sorry?" to some madcap sexual reference made by Geoff.

Still a cracking show though and well worth catching up with.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 30 2010, 1:42 AM GMT

The main problem with the show is Jack Davenport being a f**king appalling comic actor, obviously.

This really put me off the first series. Then I got used to it enough to live with. Favourite episode is Spiderman - classic Moffat plotting and time-travel nonsense. The man with one leg is great too.

Final series is a let-down but an expected one because Jeff had gone.

The Man With One Leg is great. It's also got Alison King in it - nom-nom-nom.

Great show.

I enjoyed it a lot. There was some really clever writing in it, and some innovative ways of telling a story. And Jeff was a great character. The show never really recovered once he'd left.

It was left open for another series but they could never get them all together to do it.

I hated series 4 at first but I revisited it a while back and I actually quite enjoyed it. Worth another watch if you felt the same way I'd say...

Quote: Badge @ December 30 2010, 1:33 AM GMT

Maybe the early Russell T Davies episodes are better, though.

Certainly they allowed for more permutations...

Probably my favourite sitcom of noughties, despite the uselessness of Jack Davenport and Sarah Alexander's disconcerting resemblance to a Jim Henson creation.

Kate Isitt was very fanciable, which helped.

I love Coupling, and never had a problem with Jack Davenport.

Quote: Aaron @ December 30 2010, 1:14 PM GMT

never had a problem with Jack Davenport.

A dozen people can agree with me, but I never truly know I'm correct until Aaron disagrees.