Catchphrases - a thing of the past? Page 5

Welcome to the BSG Camo.

I liked the 11 o'clock show but it was on when I first got a TV in my room so probably just liked the knob jokes. I remember Ricky Gervais being really offensive. Now before I start I think i'm a hypocrite but I don't like his offensive humour and I don't buy his justification that he is taking the mickey out of the situation and not the minority.

Firstly because he never says he does not have those prejudices and his characters always do which is why they get into 'awkward' situations.

Secondly he could not justify his humour when challenged by Gary Shandling (a comedy God) on the Ricky meets Gary Shandling show.

Thirdly he should say what Sarah Silverman says which is that she is not predjudiced, her jokes are about the ignorance of the character she plays on stage. And when challenged by someone she simply says 'you are probably right.'

EDIT: Haha proof that Ricky Gervais is an arrogant idiot. I've just watched the Ricky meets Garry thing on YouTube and Gervais edits in the phrase

'it was so postmodern the way it played with the notion of what a theme tune was for'

at 12:24. What a pompus vain prick.

Well I think Ricky Gervais is funny!

Quote: Leevil @ June 3, 2007, 11:03 PM

I remember him from the 11'Oclock show. I would have never have guessed he'd become what he did though.

I seem to remember a one-off where he was a David Bowie impersonator. Anyone else see it? Or did I just imagine it?

Quote: David Chapman @ June 4, 2007, 11:34 AM

Well I think Ricky Gervais is funny!

Yeah, but Hitler thought all the Jews needed to die. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ June 4, 2007, 12:42 PM

Yeah, but Hitler thought all the Jews needed to die. ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Just cos I'm wearing this brown shirt with swastika arm band, doesn't mean I'm a Nazi.

(sorry I'd better point out that was a "joke" in case someone thought I really was.)

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ June 4, 2007, 11:39 AM

I seem to remember a one-off where he was a David Bowie impersonator. Anyone else see it? Or did I just imagine it?

I've heard about it, but never scene seen it.

I've never heard of it. Or rather, have seen it and completely forgotten about it. I rather desperately downloaded all the 11 O Clock Show clips on a rubbish audio, it must be on there somewhere.

I wish he would put all his appearances on there on a dvd. I thought they were absolutely hilarious. There wasn't really anything like that on TV back then.

Quote: Treenifer @ May 28, 2007, 8:22 PM

I missed Extras, but I just don't like Ricky Gervais in general because I feel he used Britian as a stepping stone to get the USA.

Do you feel the same way about Little Britain, and Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, and Sasha Baron Cohen?

Why does Ricky Gervais stand out for you in that respect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1Bl74lRzU

I haven't watched it yet. So don't know if it's any good?

I think I love you, Leevil.

:)

It links to some more as well.

And look at all that Karl stuff.
:)
I love youtube.

Quote: zooo @ June 4, 2007, 5:41 PM

I think I love you, Leevil.

Oooooh, Ellie'll be pissed!

Shhh!!

I'm a playa' ;)

Elephants! Back in the news again aren't they?
(It's my catchphrase.)

Great catchphrase. Mine is 'what do you mean don't touch the children?'