Corpsing

Why is it that watching performers corpse is so satisfying? Does it make us feel we're all in on the joke and therefore more intimate?

It is rather fun.

The worst thing in the world though, is fake corpsing. I can't think of a specific example, but it does occasionally happen.

PEANUTS

nice bit of minimalism that

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 25 2010, 8:21 PM GMT

PEANUTS

Eh?

Matt Lucas shooting stars I assume

That reminds me of Angelos doing some top notch corpsing on Shooting Stars.

Tamsin Greig is somewhat famous for her corpsing during Green Wing. This can be seen if you watch the outtakes.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 27 2010, 10:20 AM GMT

Tamsin Greig is somewhat famous for her corpsing during Green Wing. This can be seen if you watch the outtakes.

I love the outtake with her and Stephen Mangan in the car and she keeps trying to bite her lip to stop from cracking up and then eventually explodes.
:D

Peanuts is probably the winner of corpsing though.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 25 2010, 8:21 PM GMT

PEANUTS

My seven year old went "Oww! Me Peanuts!" when he got hit in the bits playing football. I was very surprised to hear my normally prudish dad laugh so heartily. :)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 27 2010, 10:20 AM GMT

I think corpsing should only be classed as corpsing if it's broadcast. That's OFBEN regulations.

Otherwise it's just giggling?

Yes. Like a schoolgirl seeing a penis for the first time.

When I was watching The One Ronnie Harry Enfield seemed to be trying hard to hide his laughter.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 27 2010, 9:31 PM GMT

When I was watching The One Ronnie Harry Enfield seemed to be trying hard to hide his laughter.

That's what pre-empted this very thread!