General, General Thread Page 2,748

Cool and motherf**ker are both excellent words. Especially when combined to create cool motherf**ker. It's motherf**king cool.

Lee, please, think of the youngsters on here!

Oh wait... We're all old now...

Quote: Chappers @ 13th July 2016, 5:56 PM BST

Probably because it's a (rude) Americanism.

Crude would be better Chappers..........I just think it is the most disgusting phrase/word (call it what you like) that anyone can come out with in print or vocally.

Lowest of the low from across the pond that cannot be justified with an airing in this country.................before you are tempted to blurt it out, just think what it actually means - I know that may sound obvious, but many use swear words without thinking about the context.

Quote: Lee @ 13th July 2016, 9:34 PM BST

Cool and motherf**ker are both excellent words. Especially when combined to create cool motherf**ker. It's motherf**king cool.

I despair, and you supposedly a moderator.

Ooooh hark at her :P

You'd hate to be in a car with me when I'm driving then, my swears go from a ratio of around 1:200 to 1:1. My instructor said that if they graded on foul language I'd have failed before I'd even got in the car.

1:200 may still seem a lot but as I'm usually a very quiet person person it probably works out the same as someone not that quiet but maths are out of the questionat the moment as I haven't woken up properly yet.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th July 2016, 9:56 AM BST

I despair, and you supposedly a moderator.

Supposedly?

There is an option to censor the forums language if you are a little too sensitive for a certain configurations of pixels.

I'll tell you what I find a slight more offensive? All the injustice and unnecessary brutality in the world. The cruelty, the inhumanity and evil that gets committed everyday, every moment. It's too much to comprehend.

But then I remember that I can say motherf**ker freely without too many repercussions. Which makes me happy and for a moment, I see light and positivity in the world and I can smile and remember that my life isn't so bad and I can appreciate what I have.

Plus, are most of us "motherf**kers" at some point? If you ever do it with the mother of your children, for instance.

I've never took it to mean f**k your own mother, ew and if that's how you take it, shame on you.

Quote: Lee @ 15th July 2016, 11:40 AM BST

Supposedly?

There is an option to censor the forums language if you are a little too sensitive for a certain configurations of pixels.

I'll tell you what I find a slight more offensive? All the injustice and unnecessary brutality in the world. The cruelty, the inhumanity and evil that gets committed everyday, every moment. It's too much to comprehend.

But then I remember that I can say motherf**ker freely without too many repercussions. Which makes me happy and for a moment, I see light and positivity in the world and I can smile and remember that my life isn't so bad and I can appreciate what I have.

Plus, are most of us "motherf**kers" at some point? If you ever do it with the mother of your children, for instance.

I've never took it to mean f**k your own mother, ew and if that's how you take it, shame on you.

No, but I do find it very odd that one is frowned upon if you post naked bodies or parts thereof for fear of upsetting children and yet allow, if not relish in, using vile words freely.

I've never took it to mean f**k your own mother,

Don't be so bloody naïve.

and if that's how you take it, shame on you.

And don't be so f**king offensive

Please don't say the word f**king, it c**ting offends me.

Never understood the need, in normal conversation, to replace perfectly good adjectives/nouns, that mean exactly what you are wanting to put across, with generic swear words (with or without asterisks) that could be being employed to mean anything - other than what they actually mean. After all, there are many writers on these forums. One would imagine that a well placed adjective would be an aspiration.

Okay, if you hit your thumb with a hammer...

For some reason, the swear word that pops out when I hurt myself and have no control over my words is 'shitty-bollocks'.
Very odd.

I swear in sign language but never intentionally verbally. I have no idea why.

My mother used to say something like if you can't express yourself with real words go and get an education/swearing is ignorance. It was much cleverer than that but I can't remember it now. I am not as clever as wot she was.

A newish development for me is appearing to say rude words when I am not - it's because I can't say them properly.

Theres one word which I find utterly offensive.
It is totally unnecessary and often used before the watershed.
It is symptomatic of the decline of modern Britain.
It is coarse, vulgar, and shocking.
I have written to the Prime Minister to outlaw this vile and repulsive term, but as yet have had no reply.
I will use this foul abomination of a word on this one occasion to highlight its danger.

YO-ghurt

Ugh...I feel a need to absolve my soul

Quote: paulted @ 15th July 2016, 6:52 PM BST

Theres one word which I find utterly offensive.
It is totally unnecessary and often used before the watershed.
It is symptomatic of the decline of modern Britain.
It is coarse, vulgar, and shocking.
I have written to the Prime Minister to outlaw this vile and repulsive term, but as yet have had no reply.
I will use this foul abomination of a word on this one occasion to highlight its danger.

YO-ghurt

Ugh...I feel a need to absolve my soul

If it makes you feel any better I pronounce it yodirt

Quote: zooo @ 15th July 2016, 5:10 PM BST

For some reason, the swear word that pops out when I hurt myself and have no control over my words is 'shitty-bollocks'.
Very odd.

I'm with you on that
I don't swear much in prose or in general
But sometimes when I'm by myself I will mix a few incongruous swearwords together in times of frustration Such as Monkeyf**kingshittwistingarsebasket

The more I can add in the better

Of course I always turn around to see my local vicar there spitting out his tea

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th July 2016, 12:48 AM BST

Now that's just brought back a memory I'd forgotten about.

When I was in my early twenties a few months before I moved out I was running late for something and left the house without my keys, got all the way to the bus stop five blocks away before I realised.
I legged it back as fast as I could and went arse over tit on the doorstep shouting something along the lines of "FUCKINGSHITTINGTWATTINGBASTARDBUGGERINGFUCKINGBOLLOCKS". I stood up, brushed myself off, picked the keys up then nipped in to say goodbye to my mother again and was met by the sight of a very flustered clergyman, my mother who'd gone bright red with embarrassment and my father trying his hardest, and failing miserably, to contain the laughter that was forcing its way out.
To this day I don't know what a priest was doing in our house as we're not religious in the slightest.

Quote: Lee @ 15th July 2016, 3:26 PM BST

Please don't say the word f**king, it c**ting offends me.

As you seem to enjoy American slang so much...........

blow it outta yer ass. :P

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th July 2016, 12:48 AM BST

Quote: Sarc @ 16th July 2016, 1:04 AM BST

Now that's just brought back a memory I'd forgotten about.
I stood up, brushed myself off, picked the keys up then nipped in to say goodbye to my mother again and was met by the sight of a very flustered clergyman, my mother who'd gone bright red with embarrassment and my father trying his hardest, and failing miserably, to contain the laughter that was forcing its way out.
To this day I don't know what a priest was doing in our house as we're not religious in the slightest.

Yes, which reminds me of the priest in the TV series "Sailor" - the excellent BBC series set on the Ark Royal during the mid 70s and for which Rod Stewart wrote "Sailing" - and they asked him about swearing and he said he had heard it all and wasn't in the least concerned about how filthy the language was as long as it wasn't blasphemous.