General, General Thread Page 2,516

:D I hate 404 not found, but not you chum! hiya x

Something puzzles me. In fact a lot of things puzzle me but this is the one of the moment. When it shows the numbers of members logged in, there are always a lot more than the numbers of names which actually show. Do people somehow hide the fact that they're logged on, and if so, why?

Quote: keewik @ October 8 2012, 10:27 AM BST

Something puzzles me. In fact a lot of things puzzle me but this is the one of the moment. When it shows the numbers of members logged in, there are always a lot more than the numbers of names which actually show. Do people somehow hide the fact that they're logged on, and if so, why?

Yes. A gazillion threads ago there was talk about appearing on line but not posting or not responding or forgetting to sign out or somesuch. It annoyed people.

I always thought the 'guests' were non members....and only registered users showed up.

No. Here's the present status:
There are currently 17 members and 90 guests online.

Members: keewik, sootyj, His Own Devices, Alakazam, Gordon Bennett, blahblah, Lee, Carlos Manwelly, Tursiops, Markaroni, Punk Anarcho, zooo, ThisisJoeyC

There are allegedly 17 members but if you count this list there are only 13. Maybe zoo can sort out my confusion?

Nope!
Aaron might, if he sees this thread.

Do people somehow hide the fact that they're logged on, and if so, why?

You can hide your online status here - https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/edit/ As to why you would, I have no idea?

'Cos you're the sneaky type.

Quote: Lee @ October 8 2012, 9:26 PM BST

You can hide your online status here - https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/edit/ As to why you would, I have no idea?

I now understand the How but not the Why.

Quote: keewik @ October 8 2012, 9:46 PM BST

I now understand the How but not the Why.

Quote: Loopey @ October 8 2012, 7:37 PM BST

A gazillion threads ago there was talk about appearing on line but not posting or not responding or forgetting to sign out or somesuch. It annoyed people.

From a Viz Top Tips

PRETEND you're a GIANT tennis player by putting your baby in its high chair and then shaking its hand.

Just saw a life isurance ad that doesn't just portray Mummy, Daddy and children or senior citizen.

Good to know someone finally told them these aren't the only people on the planet who might insurance.

Has anybody read david Mitchell's book, is it any good? Toying with buying it.

The other morning I woke up in bed and half asleep I could smell lavender for about 3 or 4 seconds

Definitely

And there's no lavender in my house

Could it be.....

Umm

A ghost ?

Undoubtedly.