The One Ronnie

This looks great if the clip is anything to go by.

I think it's just a one-off for Christmas and to celebrate Ronnie Corbett's 80th birthday; made by a lot of today's comics and writers to pay homage to the little fella and of course his erstwhile partner Ronnie Barker. It's being broadcast on Christmas Day on BBC One at 5:10pm and looks to be one worth staying awake for.

I'll be really surprised if there are any characters repeated or runners within the entire 50 minutes (might of course get shot down in flames with that prediction - but I have faith).

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_one_ronnie/videos/2097/blackberry_sketch/

I'm looking forward to it too but I suspect that the people enjoying that particular sketch will fall into quite a narrow age bracket. That is those of us around 40 who are both young and old enough to know about the technology and remember the Two Ronnies.

I do like the overall idea for the show which appears to be comedy love in because most of those making their name now will have been influenced in no small part by that 70s/80s comedy thing. I bet they loved getting the chance to play opposite Ron.

I'm sure you're probably right about the age thing Tuumble - although this new take on an old sketch is very good in its own right and stands alone too.

And very reminiscent of Ronnie B's Gerald Wiley writing alias. Really clever wordplay at its best.

Harry Enfield was obviously having a ball and there was very nearly corpse-mayhem from both of them there.

I thought that snippet was brilliant! :)

I wish to associate myself with the remarks of the previous poster.

Brilliant sketch!

I am really lookingb forward to this. Ronnie C was at least as funny as Ronnie B.

That sketch was hilarious so if the standard is anywhere near that for the whole of the 50 minutes then it will be good.

Yip, loved it, I'm really loving forward to this, Bring on Christmas Day.

The adverts look promising. I saw some rejected scripts for this and they were very strong, so I think they've set the bar very high.

Class, sheer class.

:D

Quote: Ben @ December 23 2010, 9:30 PM GMT

so I think they've set the bar very high.

Have they? Poor Ronnie C. :(

Dire :(

Some good, some bad.
Actually I think the first (greengrocer) sketch was probably the best one.

I liked the greengrocer sketch, but the rest didn't hold my attention.