Peep Show Night - C4 - Christmas Eve

http://uk-tv-guide.com/pick-of-the-day/24+December+2010/documentary-peep-show-and-tell/

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000427/peep_show_series_8_and_9/

So, C4 is showing a whole night devoted to Peep Show on Christmas Eve. I expect the usual hastily conducted, non-revelatory interviews with the cast, crew, writers and various hangers-on; a few out-takes and behind-the-scenes snippets you can already find on the DVDs; a bunch of "celebrity" talking heads talking lovingly about a show they clearly haven't even seen in 5 years; plus a few comedy nerds adding little to the proceedings by explaining how Mark, Jez & Super Hans help to plug the gaping hole in their otherwise sad, monotonous, humourless lives (probably several of them recognisable from the BCG).

All cobbled together with spit and bits of gaffer tape, it'll offer no great new insights into what makes a successful sitcom and the episodes shown will most likely be the best bits, but it'll comfortably (and cheaply) fill a few hours of prime advertising slots as people slump drunkenly into their sofas on a cold Christmas Eve.

Naturally, it goes without saying that I'll be glued to this. :)

Laughing out loud

It is what we all aspire to, isn't it?

I do think it's quie sad that a site as supposedly big and reputable as Chortle is feels the need to steal exclusive stories from other outlets without any credit. Sad, but not surprising.

I noticed that.

Quote: Aaron @ December 17 2010, 12:31 PM GMT

I do think it's quie sad that a site as supposedly big and reputable as Chortle is feels the need to steal exclusive stories from other outlets without any credit. Sad, but not surprising.

This.

Chortle don't ever credit sources, barring the weekly trivia files. I wonder why that is.

I've linked back on the forum.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 17 2010, 12:39 PM GMT

Chortle don't ever credit sources, barring the weekly trivia files. I wonder why that is.

We're not massively bothered to be honest - let the little people have something ;) - but it's shocking journalism and terrible manners from a site that pushes itself in the way Chortle does. I think they know their audience is waning and don't like to admit to the existence of any competition.

Will all this become an extra on the series 7 DVD?

This thread?

Yes.

Yes, we've already sold the rights to 4DVD.

Quote: chipolata @ December 17 2010, 1:27 PM GMT

Yes.

Succinct.

Playing devils advocate. From Chortle forum:

So Chortle have copied their exclusive without credit? - that's low!

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 17 2010, 1:05 AM GMT

So, C4 is showing a whole night devoted to Peep Show on Christmas Eve. I expect the usual hastily conducted, non-revelatory interviews with the cast, crew, writers and various hangers-on.

Nothing like pre-judging something Tim :)

They've been working on this documentary since the summer so I don't think 'hasty' is something you can call it. It's produced by the production company behind the sitcom so I have some hope it'll be decent... but we'll have to wait and see. Still, either way, I'd much rather this than some nasty countdown of the 100 funniest adverts or something like that!

YEAH TIM YOU BOOB.